Please help!!!!

lunytoon92

Reaction score
City, State
tampa,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xls
so I bought my first 2002 explorer 4.0l sohc
so I bought it from my brother thinking it was just the fuel pump, I tested the voltage at pump and at inertia switch it was good I check the fuel pump relay and fuse and they were fine. the relay would click when I cycled the key and fuse wasn't blown. so I bought a new pump and installed it hooked everything back up still no start ,new fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator still nothing. so I jumped the relay from the battery (I ran wire from the positive terminal removed relay and put wire in pin slot where the relay connects) and it started right up and ran no problem.

I'm at a loss and love the explorer can someone please help me

so I bought my first 2002 explorer 4.0l sohc
so I bought it from my brother thinking it was just the fuel pump, I tested the voltage at pump and at inertia switch it was good I check the fuel pump relay and fuse and they were fine. the relay would click when I cycled the key and fuse wasn't blown. so I bought a new pump and installed it hooked everything back up still no start ,new fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator still nothing. so I jumped the relay from the battery (I ran wire from the positive terminal removed relay and put wire in pin slot where the relay connects) and it started right up and ran no problem.

I'm at a loss and love the explorer can someone please help me

There is a fuel pump shutoff switch on the passenger side under the glove compartment that is designed to cutoff the fuel pump. It is on the right hand side under the carpet. Look at your owners manual and it will tell you exactly where it is. You have to push the button, I bet you it is open. All you have to do is close the button and everything should work.

Checkout this video it might answer your question. On Youtube---- Ford Explorer 2002 Shutdown On Me!!! Easy Fix... Type that on youtube and I think this is your problem.

Checkout this video it might answer your question. On Youtube---- Ford Explorer 2002 Shutdown On Me!!! Easy Fix... Type that on youtube and I think this is your problem.
'

thanks guys gonna look that up right now

Back