Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rebecca, welcome!

What is your preferred way to start addressing/diagnosing issues we are having? Should each member start a new public thread for their issue(s)? Or should we send you private messages?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone!
We are exploring SYNC Services for Canada. Currently, we are looking at the consumer interest level and the additional technology that would be needed in order to implement the services.

Here is a link to vote on this idea or submit a different idea to us:

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/sync-services-in-canada/

Rebecca - Welcome!! Just seeing that Ford has applied a team to this forum gives me comfort that Ford recognizes there are issues, and are working hard on this.

I went to the link and went through the registration process. (I'd seen it before but the registration requirement put me off, so I dropped it. Too many "mandatory" fields)

As others noted Canadians were told in advertisements and literature, that Sync features came with the car, but - they don't :( I'm glad Ford is looking at this.

Again, welcome. We're all hoping the July update ensures that come August blank screens, pulling fuses or battery cables (I know, I know - you don't recommend :) ) are things of the past!

Rebecca, will Ford start releases details of each upgrade/fix? I know many have asked and hope that Ford starts doing this.

Example. V2.7 fixed X, X and X

V2.8 Fixed X, X, X and X etc.

I don't know if they have plans to do this but I would ask that you pass that request along.

I'd second that request.

Regarding the SYNC Services in Canada is it possible to just explain WHY we cannot have the option to get these services?

Canadians buy a Ford vehicle with SYNC and MFT but cant get:

-SYNC Services TDI
-Sirius Travel Link and Traffic
-Vehicle Health Report

In fairness to Ford, the Sirius Travel Link and Traffic issue is due to CRTC regulation of satellite services (ie. don't want it taking away local market traffic reports, etc. - problem is that those local market reports don't show up on the nav). If Ford, Sirius (and other car manufacturers) got their collective act together, I'm sure they'd find themselves with a petition to change this.

In fairness to Ford, the Sirius Travel Link and Traffic issue is due to CRTC regulation of satellite services (ie. don't want it taking away local market traffic reports, etc. - problem is that those local market reports don't show up on the nav). If Ford, Sirius (and other car manufacturers) got their collective act together, I'm sure they'd find themselves with a petition to change this.

Im confused then because XM NavTraffic is available to Canadians......I had it in my 09 GMC Yukon Denali

Im confused then because XM NavTraffic is available to Canadians......I had it in my 09 GMC Yukon Denali

Maybe I'm the one who is confused? I understood there was some CRTC ruling that wouldn't let satellite radio provide local traffic?

I agree that the fuse issue is not a good answer, however my dealer, (Apple Ford) is recommending disconnecting the battery cable to reset the MFT/SYNC. I was not aware that this would erase the error codes and evidently neither is the dealer. I think the dealer recommended the cable disconnect because many of us would have to drive long distances, leave our vehicles, get them back, only to have to turn around and take them back again for MFT issues. Since I bought mine in May (factory ordered) I have suffered thru at least 8 black screens, 1 complete shut down of the system and extremely poor GPS signal along with delayed responses.

This will be a long one so sit back and relax while reading. I hope I get to everyone's questions in this thread. If not, please feel free to post in the most relevant thread available.

Hi Rebecca, welcome!
What is your preferred way to start addressing/diagnosing issues we are having? Should each member start a new public thread for their issue(s)? Or should we send you private messages?
Thanks!

Since this is a forum, I would like to keep most things public. You never know if someone else is looking for the same answers. However, if you feel more comfortable sending me a private message about your concern, then send away! :)

I am going through the current threads and replying to as many as I can.

I'm looking into this and will have more information for all of you about why SIRIUS Travel Link is not available for our Canadian customers.

SYNC Services is being looked at but I can not give you a time frame of if/when it will become available.

Welcome! Originally there was a ton of talk about a public developer API/SDK going to be made available for SYNC/MFT. Information on this has ceased and I've been in the dark since purchasing the explorer. When is this supposed to happen?

The only information I have on this is the following website:

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/Developer/Subscribe.aspx

Unfortunately, this is not a part of my department :(

"blwnsmoke Rebecca, will Ford start releases details of each upgrade/fix? I know many have asked and hope that Ford starts doing this."

For the time being, we do not currently have anything in place for this. However, I will be more then happy to submit your idea.

"Yes... What happened to all of these features announced back in 2010?
http://mashable.com/2010/01/07/ford-...ion-ecosystem/
I know a lot of people anxiously awaiting the Pandora Sync app.....
Ajar"

We are working on getting AppLink for MyFord Touch, however, our highest priority is enhancing the current features on MFT.

Rebecca

Yes... What happened to all of these features announced back in 2010?

http://mashable.com/2010/01/07/ford-sync-application-ecosystem/

I know a lot of people anxiously awaiting the Pandora Sync app.....

Ajar

+1. One of the reasons I bought an Explorer was seeing the MFT/ Pandora app info at 2010 CES. Pandora integration would be great especially since I am already distracted enough using MFT controls (voice controls so far has been hit or miss for me) that looking down to adjust Pandora on my phone is just an invitation to disaster. Now that it is working in certain Ford vehicles, I would really appreciate an update as to whether and when this will be coming to the 2011 Explorer.

I did a bit of Google searching after my initial question to Rebecca and was sad to see that in June Ford announced that AppLink would be part of Sync in every 2012 Ford car, truck, van EXCEPT the Explorer, Edge and Taurus.

Autonews.com - Ford adding AppLink to 10 models for 2012

Go figure. Give the good stuff to people driving relatively cheap Festivas Focuses and E-Series cargo vans, while customers purchasing their more expensive MyFordTouch products get squat... :mad:

Seriously... What the heck? I understand the importance to getting the current features working correctly... but how about at least letting us know it is coming one day... I mean this carrot was dangled out there 2 model years ago and is now on all of the vehicles with lower end infotainment systems....

Ajar

+1. One of the reasons I bought an Explorer was seeing the MFT/ Pandora app info at 2010 CES. Pandora integration would be great especially since I am already distracted enough using MFT controls (voice controls so far has been hit or miss for me) that looking down to adjust Pandora on my phone is just an invitation to disaster. Now that it is working in certain Ford vehicles, I would really appreciate an update as to whether and when this will be coming to the 2011 Explorer.

Maybe I'm the one who is confused? I understood there was some CRTC ruling that wouldn't let satellite radio provide local traffic?
I am of the understanding that traffic reporting is not available in Canada on Sirius because of current Privacy Laws. I read that some where a while ago.

I am of the understanding that traffic reporting is not available in Canada on Sirius because of current Privacy Laws. I read that some where a while ago.

Q. Will Sirius Traffic expand into Canada?
A. Yes. Today, Sirius offers traffic incident information for three Canadian markets and flow information for one Canadian market. Sirius will continue to expand the Canadian coverage in the future.

Q. Will Sirius Traffic expand into Canada?
A. Yes. Today, Sirius offers traffic incident information for three Canadian markets and flow information for one Canadian market. Sirius will continue to expand the Canadian coverage in the future.

Well that is true ... EXCEPT ... that is Sirius US (I suppose for US residents traveling to Canada). Canadians have to jump through hoops to sign up in the US :mad:

Hi everyone,

I realize this is a 2011 forum but since it's regarding In-Vehicle Technology I thought nobody would mind my question.

I own a 2010 EB with SYNC/Nav. Why have there been no updates to the software for the 09/10 years? Will there be? Checking the SyncMyRide website there is only one version of the software and it's the same one that was installed when my car was manufactured.

I thought that was one of the major selling point, that the software (for all IVT) would be updated with additional features/fixes.

Thanks in advance

Welcome...I'm having issues where several times a week, my radio will not turn on. Usually when this happens, there is a strange set of symbols on the radio screen. There are 3 symbols. One looks like the profile of a face, the second is a musical note, and the third is the letter y with 2 dots over it ( ÿ ). It usually takes me 4-5 times in turning the car on and off to get the symbols to go away and the radio work again. My dealer has replaced the APIM once and re-flashed the software 4 times but this still happens. Any idea what's causing this or what these symbols may indicate? The dealer has seen this and contacted the Hot Line, but can't get it resolved. Thanks.

Well that is true ... EXCEPT ... that is Sirius US (I suppose for US residents traveling to Canada). Canadians have to jump through hoops to sign up in the US :mad:

It's not that hard actually......especially if you have a place in the US.

The FordIVTTeam sounds like a gift from heaven. There must be a way to upgrade MFT for current owners. So far ours has been a real disappointment.

BTW, The Ford Service Tech told me today that the system is automatically updated with downloads from the Satellite....? Huh, I don't believe it.
SH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The FordIVTTeam sounds like a gift from heaven. There must be a way to upgrade MFT for current owners. So far ours has been a real disappointment.

BTW, The Ford Service Tech told me today that the system is automatically updated with downloads from the Satellite....? Huh, I don't believe it.
SH

Get a new Service Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back