Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca,

I have been through all Ford support channels that I am aware of; chat & phone support. They were of no help with my questions. Can you tell me of any other support avenues to answer the questions/problems that I have. See the "Motorola Electrify" thread in this forum.

Hi, Tom!

I had a few days off so I'm still catching up on all of my forums. I will take a look at your post and get back with you.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the people here who said it was working fine now after x number of visits.
Do you think that Ford hyped a product that was and is not ready for prime time.
I have already invested 10 1/2 hours on 3 dealer trips. I use my EX to get to job sites. I bought it because I had 4 others. (98-02-05-08)and I wanted the technology. I should have known something was wrong when I picked it up and there was no MFT working. I am waiting for the 3rd APIM module. I never get offered a loaner and no APIM modules are ever in stock.
What a way to run a car company. The company knows there are issues but the dealers don't stock them. I was told it would be two days. Well now it's 2 days on Friday and no module which means another weekend. Perhaps it will come in on Monday but then again, I guess I have to stop working to get it fixed. That sucks and I am very frustrated.
Oh, I don't want to wait until some unknown date in 2012 where they write software that will work. (Maybe????)

I love the people here who said it was working fine now after x number of visits.
Do you think that Ford hyped a product that was and is not ready for prime time.
I have already invested 10 1/2 hours on 3 dealer trips. I use my EX to get to job sites. I bought it because I had 4 others. (98-02-05-08)and I wanted the technology. I should have known something was wrong when I picked it up and there was no MFT working. I am waiting for the 3rd APIM module. I never get offered a loaner and no APIM modules are ever in stock.
What a way to run a car company. The company knows there are issues but the dealers don't stock them. I was told it would be two days. Well now it's 2 days on Friday and no module which means another weekend. Perhaps it will come in on Monday but then again, I guess I have to stop working to get it fixed. That sucks and I am very frustrated.
Oh, I don't want to wait until some unknown date in 2012 where they write software that will work. (Maybe????)
Ditto! But I'm sure someone will post a reply stating how MFT is working wonderful for them and that we should be patient because FORD is really trying.

There is no excuse for the MFT not working when you picked up your Explorer. This is something the dealer should have set up as part of the initial prep of the vehicle. I can understand your frustration in trying to get the problem fixed.
As for not having parts in stock, this is not uncommon. Unlike many years ago when every dealer had just about any part in stock, this is no longer the case due to cost. I had the random windshield wipe and the dealer said it would take 2 days to get the part and scheduled my appointment accordingly and the part was replaced. I don't know why some owners have so many different problems with their Explorers while the majority have few or none.
By the way, MFT (V2.4) is working wonderful for me and we should be patient because FORD is really trying.

Peter

Looks like the upgrade we have all been waiting for will be here soon, yea. Copied from the Chgo. Tribune 3/5 edition.

Owners of 2011 and 2012 model-year Ford vehicles with MyFordTouch will start receiving an upgrade to the infotainment and control system this week.

Ford is mailing out flash drives that consumers can plug into a USB port to download the software upgrade.

Maps
Ford Conference & Event Center, 1151 Village Rd, Dearborn, MI 48124-5033, USA
Ads by Google

The improved program attempts to address consumer concerns about the system, which has caused Ford vehicles to drop precipitously in quality scores by third parties such as Consumer Reports and J.D. Power and Associates.

Ford officials say they have made the touch screen and voice recognition system faster, more intuitive and simpler to read and use. The screen layout has been simplified. Common commands are easier to find. Responses are designed to be faster and less frustrating when trying to change a radio station, turn up the heat or get directions.

Consumers can perform the upgrades themselves or have a dealer do it.

In the past three months, Ford conducted tests of the upgrades and downloading instructions with employees and a few dealers, said Graydon Reitz, director of electronics and electrical systems engineering. Feedback from the first group of 1,000 testers was incorporated and a second group of 700 further verified the system.

Dealers received their flash drives Monday to update the vehicles on their lots and be ready to help customers. There are about 300,000 vehicles eligible for the update. New 2013 models already have the newest system.

The download takes about 60 minutes and the car must be running the whole time, said Michelle Moody, cross-vehicle marketing manager.

Some commands can still be performed during the first half of the download, but the screen becomes frozen for the second half. During that time, previously set climate controls cannot be changed, and the audio system goes silent.

Dear Ford IVT group!
Can you tell to us - about 10000 european Ford Explorer V owners, is there any plans for Sync navigation system activation with european maps?
Local Ford branches told us for many years something like "it will be next month/quarter/year" but nothing happend yet.
We are will be appreciate to you for a honest answer!

I apologize, xM, but I can only speak to concerns in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. I suggest giving your local Ford Customer Relationship Center a call back to see if anything has changed.

Rebecca

I apologize, xM, but I can only speak to concerns in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. I suggest giving your local Ford Customer Relationship Center a call back to see if anything has changed.

Rebecca

Thank you, Rebecca.

[MENTION=181992]FordIVTteam[/MENTION], Do you have any plan to support Korean font? At 2011, Ford Korea imported vehicles officially(also Lincoln) but MFT doesn't support displaying Korean font until now. ALL of Korean ford-owners wants that. This means, not "fully" support language such as voice-recognition. I can't read any Korean font at address book or music title because MFT doesn't have ANY Korean font. I can see only *broken* font.

In my humble opinion, adding alternative font(free CJK font that supports korean such as Noto Sans CJK) to MFT would not a critical issue. Ford Korea always said that is planned yet.

I'll be appreciate to your answer. Thanks.

Hi encyphered,

Since I only support North America, I cannot speculate on this. Your customer relationship center should be able to help you with this. They can be reached here:

Telephone Number +1 (313)594-4857
Email expcac@ford.com

Rebecca

Hey everyone!

I'd like to take a moment to let you know we have another IVT agent that will be helping out on the forum. Her name is Kim, and she's awesome! :)

Going forward, if you send a private message or one of us asked you to send information, please be sure to provide as much info as possible or the link to the thread. This will ensure a quicker turnaround time.

Have a great day!

Rebecca

Kim, welcome to Explorer Forum:biggthump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back