Plz Help A Girl Out w/'05 Ford Exp. AdvanceTrac ABS Problem or I'll Die..Not Really:) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Plz Help A Girl Out w/'05 Ford Exp. AdvanceTrac ABS Problem or I'll Die..Not Really:)

D

Deleted member 209020

:roll:My 2005 Ford Explorer out of nowhere one day a couple of months ago, decided to start rumbling shortly after I put it in drive after reversing out of my driveway I proceeded to turn it off and when I turned it back on again it did the same thing, so I decided to drive slowly to see what'd happen if I kept going, it kept rumbling fiercely but about 30 second later it stopped and a light popped up saying "check AdvanceTrac." Ever since then every single time I start my car, it does that same thing but after the light goes off it's smooth sailing. Then all sudden yesterday I was driving it and the rumbling didn't stop, I drove and drove, then turned the car off hoping it'd reset something, but still the same rumbling pursued and ever since then I've tried driving it but after awhile it starts smelling weird so I'll stop. Of course the easy answer is just to bring it in somewhere and have them take a look at it and fix it, but I need to know exactly what I'm fixing and what's broken before I do that or I'm going to be absolutely taken advantage of. I see other posts with people with similar problems but noone had the car trouble with the signal appearing. If there's anyone out there tonight or tomorrow with any knowledge on this matter please please please contact me asap or reply to this thread and I'd appreciate it soooo much. Thank you-Christina:(

:roll:My 2005 Ford Explorer out of nowhere one day a couple of months ago, decided to start rumbling shortly after I put it in drive after reversing out of my driveway I proceeded to turn it off and when I turned it back on again it did the same thing, so I decided to drive slowly to see what'd happen if I kept going, it kept rumbling fiercely but about 30 second later it stopped and a light popped up saying "check AdvanceTrac." Ever since then every single time I start my car, it does that same thing but after the light goes off it's smooth sailing. Then all sudden yesterday I was driving it and the rumbling didn't stop, I drove and drove, then turned the car off hoping it'd reset something, but still the same rumbling pursued and ever since then I've tried driving it but after awhile it starts smelling weird so I'll stop. Of course the easy answer is just to bring it in somewhere and have them take a look at it and fix it, but I need to know exactly what I'm fixing and what's broken before I do that or I'm going to be absolutely taken advantage of. I see other posts with people with similar problems but noone had the car trouble with the signal appearing. If there's anyone out there tonight or tomorrow with any knowledge on this matter please please please contact me asap or reply to this thread and I'd appreciate it soooo much. Thank you-Christina:(

HI Christina,

I think what could be happening is that you might have a bad ABS sensor that's triggering the AdvanceTrac ABS system to turn on when it shouldn't be which would cause the issue that your having.

You may want to have the code pulled, to see if you can pinpoint which sensor it may be,that could be causing this issue.

Hope this helps you out,

Tony
1aauto.com

Thread moved. Good luck. Do you have an abs light displayed? If not, make sure it comes on when you first switch on the key--just to make sure it isn't burned out.

Back