• Register Today It's free!

Police Edition Expos

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
So I might be taking a job for County ESDA Director. Now, by no means do I need a "high speed gotta get there whooo heee" vehicle. That's not the goal. I'm curious what the difference between a regular X and a PD Version X is. I went shopping for one and couldn't find one that was A) New enough or B) Rode hard. I did find some nice Expys thou. Anyway, is there a difference in the cooling system and charging system? I think if I get this job I'd upgrade the Alternator. That and maybe a 2" lift and bigger tires. My major concern is cooling, charging and being able to go offroad. I do not need to "speed to the scene". The county is going to lease my truck from me for a buck a year, install a lightbar (better be a damn small one) and a PA. I want the lift just to go offroad, assuming I can sneak that by the wife, which by the way is like sneaking dawn past the rooster.
Discuss......

what exactally is it that you do?

Ryan1 said:
what exactally is it that you do?
As little as possible...
My REAL job is much more boring, involving industrial machinery & PLC Controls... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
My volunteer work/part time effort is Director Of Emergency Services & Disaster Agency. Fancy title huh? Basically what that means is our agency handles Storm Spotting, Missing People, large disasters, evacuations, emergency planning, mitigation etc etc etc. We do not: fight fire, arrest people, rescue EMT calls, thats for people who eat doughnuts and play with hoses. (that may be an inside joke). I'm still debating if I have enought time to do this on the county level. Right now I do it on a smaller scale for a town of about 4,000.

Don't bother with those special versions. They can all use improvements in the cooling systems, or charging system. The radiators will be the same, etc. Just do find one with a trans cooler, and taken care of. I better cooler would still be wise, for low speed use, idling etc. Good luck,

Back