1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Police Interceptor Grill on 2018 Explorer???

Discussion in 'Body Work & Detailing' started by GracieJohn, October 9, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. GracieJohn

GracieJohn New Member

City, State:
      San Diego, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2018 Explorer Base
      Just got a new 2018 Explorer, Base model V6.

Want to replace the chrome front grill with a black one and after checking around on eBay, the black Police Interceptor Grill is about $350ish, while the black Grill for the Sport is about $500ish. Some of the "check compatibility" links using my VIN show it will work, while others say it will not.

I called Fairway Ford in Ohio that sells parts on eBay and they said they sell quite a few of the Interceptor Grills and about 20% of them get returned as the customer said "it didn't fit", while 80% of people are keeping them. Sooooo......it must be working somehow! lol

I'm specifically looking at Part # FB5Z8200GB

Any input?

Thanks,
      John

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.