Police Interceptor Grill on 2018 Explorer??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Grill on 2018 Explorer???

Just got a new 2018 Explorer, Base model V6.

Want to replace the chrome front grill with a black one and after checking around on eBay, the black Police Interceptor Grill is about $350ish, while the black Grill for the Sport is about $500ish. Some of the "check compatibility" links using my VIN show it will work, while others say it will not.

I called Fairway Ford in Ohio that sells parts on eBay and they said they sell quite a few of the Interceptor Grills and about 20% of them get returned as the customer said "it didn't fit", while 80% of people are keeping them. Sooooo......it must be working somehow! lol

I'm specifically looking at Part # FB5Z8200GB

Any input?

Thanks,
John

Just got a new 2018 Explorer, Base model V6.

Want to replace the chrome front grill with a black one and after checking around on eBay, the black Police Interceptor Grill is about $350ish, while the black Grill for the Sport is about $500ish. Some of the "check compatibility" links using my VIN show it will work, while others say it will not.

I called Fairway Ford in Ohio that sells parts on eBay and they said they sell quite a few of the Interceptor Grills and about 20% of them get returned as the customer said "it didn't fit", while 80% of people are keeping them. Sooooo......it must be working somehow! lol

I'm specifically looking at Part # FB5Z8200GB

Any input?

Thanks,
John
Did you ever find if this swap was compatible?

Back