Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Polished Rims

Discussion in 'Body Work & Detailing' started by XLT_66, October 6, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. XLT_66

XLT_66 Active Member

City, State:
      GO TEXAS TECH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante
      I have a set of 17" Polished rims and i have kept them clean prolly more than most people would. I also polish them once or twice a month with Mother Mag and Aluminum polish. They make em all shiny and such, but the rims are only a year old and they seem to be losing their shine. If you look closer, the centercaps dont shine like they used to, and their are just spots that don't come clean anymore.

Does anyone know if there is a place that will basically "refinish" the wheels to make em look like new? Also, is it possible to get them chrome plated and actually look like a real chrom wheel? I have no clue about any of this stuff, so any help with be appreciated...

I want em to look new again.

Ah, i wish i would have just paid for chrome in the first place...

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 00sport

00sport Active Member

City, State:
      Frederick, MD
      '00 Sport
      as far as the chrome goes, go to a local body shop they will be able to tell you someplace that does chrome dipping. It's actually cheaper than you'd think. I had the wheels on my bike done for $150, granted I know people and got a good deal... at least I think. For the polish you could get a dremel tool and a polish block and actually redo yours.

4. XLT_66

XLT_66 Active Member

City, State:
      GO TEXAS TECH
      P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante
      that would be cool if it were not too much to get them all dipped. I'd pay like $500 prolly...who knows though

And i might try that dremel tool way...

5. 00sport

00sport Active Member

City, State:
      Frederick, MD
      '00 Sport
      yeah if you can get a good price on the dip it's defenitly the way to go. using the dremel should work well for you also. Look around on the net a little and you should be able to find some pretty good step by step instructions on doing it.