• Register Today It's free!

Possible Group Buy on Shark Fin

15MagGreyXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Murrells Inlet S.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Hi everyone, I just took delivery of my 15 Explorer last week and did lots of my research on here so thanks to all for the info. The one thing I have found that I am not crazy about is the OEM antenna and will probably be buying 2(My dad has a Ruby Red on order) Visual Garage models and was wondering if there is enough interest from others to possibly get a group rate. I searched for group buys and did not find any here but did find one on a Ford Focus site and I believe the price went to around $69 including shipping when you got 50 or more. 1st: is there just one model visual garage shark fin? Would the same one they are ordering work for the EX? 2nd: if not does anyone know how to go about trying to get a rate for our members? I can do it with a little guidance I think. Again thinks for all the help while I was trolling and look forward to being a part.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive done group buys on other things in the past and the biggest problem is getting people to commit then getting them to actually kick in and pay for whatever it is you are ordering. I've looked at these antennas for both my Nissan Murano and EX. They are nice, but I think over priced.

You would have to check first with the supplier and see if, in fact, they will offer and discount. Then once you get those numbers work on getting the members of this forum interested and actually commit to sending in money. It could be a thankless job!

Thanks

I figured that as well. Do you know if there is more than one model Visual Garage or if it would be the same as the Focus? They have done this same group buy in the past and got over 50 people to pay so I may just try and join in theirs if I can get it in magnetic grey. I agree at $89 plus shipping is much but I would pay the $69 total. Thanks

The 16 model year will have an OEM Shark fin antenna so thats an option if you can wait.

I will try and contact them. It appears to be the easiest way to replace the OEM with a 5 minute stick on. If I waited till the 16 model comes out would it all be 1 piece that would have to replace the sat base and all? Thanks for all the help

Thanks Peter, I am going to order 2 today.

Kevin

Back