Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Interesting how many people here seem to be just drilling into their bumpers. Of any year. That surprises me. I did it once on a F150 once. Prob get a bull bar for mine to add lights. (not much explanations either on the posts of what they have done.)

Mackenziet, have you ever thought about adding an auxiliary fuse panel? That's a ton of wires going to your battery.

hella 500 driving lights. gonna try and get them mounted this weekend
DSCN1470.jpg

will this work? eliminate the wire thats green so lights come on from switch only not from headlights&switch
Untitled-1-95.jpg

You will have to connect the green wire in your pic to a switched 12 volt source then you can use them without the headlights.

Or you can connect it to a constant 12 volt source and they will come on anytime you flip the switch whether its switched on or not.'

The light work good. I got a set on mine. You will like them.

My cheap $20 Wally World Fog Lights:

FogLights640x480.jpg

ok that should work. i have a power wire coming from the battery to my compressor, just merge it into that would be fine?

Yes that will be fine but be aware they will stay on when the switch is on weather the ignition switch is on. Just have to make sure you turn them off so they dont drain your battery.

I have mine wired up on a spdt switch so one way on the switch they come on with high beams, middle is off, and other way are on all the time.

I was thinking about puttin a light bar on top of my explorer and putting spot lights on top or something but didnt know if it would even be good since I will have 6000k HIDs in the hi/lo and my fogs.

hey fellas i want to put some lights up on the roof i want to get rectangle lights and flip them under the roof rack to give it a sleak look i was wondering if anyone has done this and if it woked out good or do i have to put em on top of the rack let me know wat you think

These are all I have. Walmart cheapy's but are great!

Attachments

• DSCN3192.JPG
    DSCN3192.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 2,420

hey man nice lights i was goin to do the same thing until i got my bull guard how did you mount them to the plastic or drill through the bumper and you got any pics

hey man nice lights i was goin to do the same thing until i got my bull guard how did you mount them to the plastic or drill through the bumper and you got any pics

I just drilled straight through with a 1/2" drill. The plastic isn't very thick. It wasn't easy tightening them up in that spot for me, but, I got it. They are pretty bright.

sounds good i dont think i have the guts to drill my bumper becuase i am goin to get the bull guard so i think ill just wait but i want to do my roof too so mabey ill do that first

That is sweet Icecube :thumbsup:

So I finally fixed my front end (somewhat), new(er): header panel, grill and headlight assemblies... Re-adjusted the bumper and added the other fog light, I also went ahead and did the wiring big 3 (2 gauge), added the factory 130amp alternator (had the lower 95amp), replaced the battery, and added new more apropriate terminals to accomodate all the additional accesories. Power loss is almost non existant, (WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE). Let me know what you think.......

Looks great. Nice wiring also. Where did you get those terminal ends?

did more then i thought today. lights and moved my horn switches.
DSCN1471.jpg

DSCN1472.jpg

left-right: air valve, compressor, release air valve, hella 500
DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1475.jpg

DSCN1476.jpg

how do you take the center apart like that?

Back