Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fogs.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yea it is a homemade bar worked kinda off of the design that Karpiel73 did for his... I didnt get a chance to get pictures in the daylight today but I will try to tomorrow.

Hey that looks really good drumming! Sorry i never did get back to you about that light bar but you mounted it the same way i did on mine. And it looks good how you added that license plate holder! :biggthump

For you guys with lights on the roof, how/where did you run the wires into the interior? I'm about to add 6 lights on my roof rack (5 forward and 1 backward) and am curious how to get all that wiring inside safely!:scratch:

I'm about to add 6 lights on my roof rack (5 forward and 1 backward) and am curious how to get all that wiring inside safely!:scratch:

What wattage lights are you going to run?

For you guys with lights on the roof, how/where did you run the wires into the interior? I'm about to add 6 lights on my roof rack (5 forward and 1 backward) and am curious how to get all that wiring inside safely!:scratch:

I often thought about using a Bulkhead fitting. Then cut off the remaining part after the nut goes on the inside of cab side. On the top side where the wires come through the fitting just add a dab of RTV sealent.
I have a couple of cab lights that need to be wired and might just try this on.

At least the wires do not come in contact with a drilled hole through the sheet metal roof.
Might be able to even find a similar fitting that has a 90 deg. turn.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Bulkhead-Fittings/

At least the wires do not come in contact with a drilled hole through the sheet metal roof.
Might be able to even find a similar fitting that has a 90 deg. turn.

Looks like a good idea. Very prudent to keep wires away from sharp metal edges. After awhile vibrations from driving can make those cut through the insulation and cause a short.

What wattage lights are you going to run?

They're gonna be 55 watt Hella 500's. I have 4 of them on the front bar now. I know amps=watts/voltage and i should have plenty of power if i dont run with all my electronic goodies at once lol i really didn't want to drill in thru my roof, i'm just seeing how other people wired them in.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Sorry their not very good pics...

35W 6K Low, 55W SS Halogen High, 4x55w 6K aux on bumper, 2x 55w Halogen in grille.

Wow, you're pulling around 40 A with the whole xmas tree lit up. Are you running a stock alternator?

That pic reminds me of the first one in this thread: Link :)

Looking real good. Probably looks even better from the drivers seat at 60 MPH.

Hard to even explain the amount of light, you'll sometimes read about how people say their lights turn night into day.. this is it, and I plan to add more. I wish I knew photography enough to be able to show you how much light I have.

just two cheap lights from autozone.
Photo11101738.jpg

ill get more pics tomorrow

Wow, you're pulling around 40 A with the whole xmas tree lit up. Are you running a stock alternator?

That pic reminds me of the first one in this thread: Link :)

Stock 130amp alt. Oddly enough, I see the biggest voltage drop when I turn on my halogen high beams... haha..

1999 sport 4x4

how do u post pics in here

thanks for the help

Mounted the amber light roof rack.

006.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

004.jpg

blasted
002.jpg

painted
0032.jpg

new lamps
0073.jpg

0043.jpg

i guess i dont have a close up at all... will have to get some tomorrow. i have the two walmart lights on the hood (55w h3 bulbs is all i know they were a gift)

120610162217.jpg

and the two fogs on the grill gaurd (the lense needs some cleaning anyone know a good way to remove that cloudy-ness from a all glass lense?) which also have 55W h3 bulbs (came off an old '88 toyota pickups roll bar we had here which i saved b4 we junked it)

soon i will be building the light bar and adding 5 more on top and 2 rear facing (just unsure where to mount those)
and just for the heck of it here is a side shot... you can see more where on the hood my two lights are
untitled-4.jpg

Back