Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like OneLever, I have used the 3M kit and it works great. Check out this thread. Like OneLever also said, check out the details before you decide to use it. As far as I know it's only to be used on plastic.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is there any store bought light brackets that I could attach to the bumper mounts?

674_10150313042750019_834185018_15963602_7782745_n.jpg

Looks real good Shawn. What kind of lights are you running?

first time ive posted in a few months, (sorry for the picture quality had to use my cell phone)
Image12212010172529.jpg

got my new hella 500ff installed right before the snow started. now i gotta wait for it to get dark so i can aim them
2011-01-07_11-14-59_228.jpg

there so big, yet so thin
2011-01-07_11-16-16_893.jpg

Yes, it is cold.....Where are your auxiliary lights?

i just have some extra fogs on the lower bumper and backup lights added notin much though

But this thread is for posting pictures of your auxiliary lights. How does a photo of your stock headlights fit in here?

I would like to see this 95 Sport Trac you have also.

Haha.

010811224338.jpg

finally got the roof lights added. so now i have 4 on the roof the two on the hood and the two on the grill gaurd! I ended up using the stock roof rack which seems to work fine...only thing i hate is a have to remove it to go into my garage or to get out of the garage! (hints the step ladder beside the truck LOL) the roof ones still need aimed but they are pretty close to being set! gonna try and get a day pic today with them.

finally got the roof lights added. so now i have 4 on the roof the two on the hood and the two on the grill gaurd! I ended up using the stock roof rack which seems to work fine...only thing i hate is a have to remove it to go into my garage or to get out of the garage! (hints the step ladder beside the truck LOL) the roof ones still need aimed but they are pretty close to being set! gonna try and get a day pic today with them.

Looks really good. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the day pics.........:popcorn:

010911132228.jpg

my digital camera decided to take a crap on me so its cell phone quality pic... but it gives u the idea and the best part about this is all i paid for was the wiring, relays, and switches! the lights on the roof came from a buddy when he bought new ones, the two on the hood were a gift and the two on the grill gaurd were off a toyota pickup we were junking! and the night pic above if u cant tell is without head lights or parking lights just the aux lights.... they are pretty bright imho just gotta get out somewhere and get them aligned!

That looks great! Nice looking Ex too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That looks great! Nice looking Ex too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks! she is still a work in prgress...more lights to be added eventually with rock lights and reverse facing lights...and one more on the roof when i build a light bar! along with custom bumpers and rock sliders and such....and eventually killing the rocker panels (most of them are missing due to rust anyway! iowa winter roads suck! its a never ending process i just keep it a going!

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get everything installed. Currently going to be installing a pair of Blazer 6" offroad lights on the front bumper and a pair of Pilot fog lights in the back for auxiliary reverse lights. I plan on wiring the relays so that the front offroad lights come on with the highbeams, the auxiliary reverse lights come on when I shift into reverse, and then each pair is going to be wired up to a switch in the truck to use each set independently from the highbeams/reverse lights. I'll be making the brackets for the fronts over the next few days and then hopefully get everything mounted and wired up this weekend depending on the weather. Phase 2 will be a light bar for the roof, but not sure yet how I want to make it. I'll keep you updated and post pictures as the work progresses.

well i got my yellow fogs installed, not exactly sure how bright they are, not been dark enough yet. ill take some more pics tonight.
first pic head lights and fogs 2nd with the hella bright hella 500s. so does this make me "hella cool"?? lol
2011-01-12_17-48-47_325.jpg

2011-01-12_17-49-18_692.jpg

Back