Post your WTB Aerostar parts here. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

i need a blue xlt passinger door panel for a 91

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking for a hood latch assembly for a '90 Aerostar.

My wife's Aerostar has been parked for several years due to rear brake lines rusting through (and not enough hours in the day). Towards the end of last Fall I tried to open the hood and found the assembly was rusted up (Pacific North West humidity).

I tried all of the tips I found online about reaching through the grill and pulling on the "tab", etc. It won't budge. I tried drilling holes through the assembly housing, there's not much room to work between the grill slots. My next step will be to break out the grill and take a grinder to it.

Thanks,
Dan

have you tried spraying Rust Blaster or Numb Nuts spray with a long tube through the grille? If you spray Numb Nuts it will release it. You need to try to save the cable if nothing else. Try spraying it for a week, let it penetrate, spray again.

pb blaster works well for me.

bushing on top of rear axle 1995 Aerostar

Hi I'm in desperate need of the bushing the sets ontop of the rear axle. Which is also obsolete. I think its called the "suspension thrust bushing". On a 1995 ford aerostar.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's not it. You got my hopes up for a minute! Haha

I'm looking for the blower wheel for the front A/C & heat blower motor for my 1995 Aerostar.

can you not find a new one in any autoparts stores?

I called Autozone, and they said that they only sell the motor but not the plastic wheel. Another auto parts store said that they sell the motor with the wheel for $95 plus tax. I saw a motor & wheel online while doing a search for around $64 but the listing didn't have any details about my vehicle. It only showed a part number.

how much do you want to spend including delivery?

Since it's only a plastic wheel without a motor, it shouldn't cost too much. I know that shipping sometimes cost more than the actual part. I'm still checking more places to see if it's available.

The seller from EBay only sells the motor with the cage wheel. I was looking through my spare parts collection, and found the old blower with the cage from my 1988 van. Many years ago I upgraded the blower to the newer design which seems to work better. I transferred the cage from the 1988 blower motor to the 1995 blower motor. The hub uses a small pinch clamp on the older model. The newer model has a metal retainer in the front. Both part numbers are very similar, and are only off by one digit. I did a search on EBay, and saw some people selling these blower cages separately.

Attachments

• Blower motor & cage comparison..jpg
    Blower motor & cage comparison..jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 1988 blower cage wheel..jpg
    1988 blower cage wheel..jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 1995 blower cage wheel..jpg
    1995 blower cage wheel..jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 284

if you can get the part number, you can find it on ebay.

I need two of these

for the middle row bucket seat belts both sides.

Tried to attach photo and was not allowed despite4 deleting others.

do you mean the entire 3-point assembly?

then you have the two Receiver Buckles which are bolted to the seat themselves.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The third row bench seat is missing the small receiver buckle bolt apparatus. That's the receiver buckle you remove when you want to take the whole seat out. The passenger side is missing. It should d I'll be fasted to the seats frame but is gone.

The center bucket belt hardware is all intact,but the cover/supports that hold them right against the seats are broken off.

Those are the things I need. I don't even know how people broke those things!!

Back