Powder Coating Rims / Wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Powder Coating Rims / Wheels

screamercy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone have a picture of how a black powder coating paint would look on the stock explorer XLT 18inch wheels? I plan on upgrading to 20inch when these are worn out, but still got another 50k miles before that happens. Would like to see how the stock rims would look in black before I spend the money on it. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search for plasti dip. there have been several members use it and its much cheaper for pretty much the same result.

Thank you for the replies. I am trying to find how it would look on the 18inch XLT wheels, the ones in that photo are the 20inch Limited wheels.

I don't think there are any 18" XLT wheels that have been done and posted.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I will be going in Friday to get the wheels plasti dipped and if it looks that bad when picking it up I will just have them remove it and wait until I upgrade to bigger wheels.

Does anyone have a picture of how a black powder coating paint would look on the stock explorer XLT 18inch wheels? I plan on upgrading to 20inch when these are worn out, but still got another 50k miles before that happens. Would like to see how the stock rims would look in black before I spend the money on it. Thanks in advance!

try these threads:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387104&highlight=black+band&page=2 post#29

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409218&highlight=grayed

you can easily do the plasti dip your self. how much is your shop charging you total?

Anybody powder coated stock sport rims?

I've got a black 2014 Ex Sport and I'm considering making the wheels ALL black... maybe the door handles as well.

Anybody done this? I'd love to see pics...

Sorry if this has already been posted; searched and didn't see anything of this nature.

You can plastidip them to see if you like it first.
PCing will be a lot of work, and then if you dont like it...dang...

KingJoseph, I have merged your thread with this one.

Peter

saw these on ebay. powder coated black chrome

It has been done. Yesterday I had seen a white one with their rims done (plasti-dipped in black). If I hadn't been driving the Mustang (manual) I would have tried to grab a photo of it. I don't know if the members on here or not, looked cool, just not my style. This was around San Tan mall in the early afternoon. I will keep an eye out for it and snap a pic if possible.

If you search through the Modified Sections older threads you will find many pics of wheels and grills done with Plastidip.

Your the first to want to touch the Sport Wheels I believe.

Back