Power for 2 hx2's ?? *look*!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power for 2 hx2's ?? *look*!!

I have the rf digi cap and i have it hooked up to a turn on switch. I havent had it drain my battery yet. I dont think it will solve your problems though. If i were you send it back. I have a 200amp alt., 1.0 digi RF cap., 0 gauge wire, Stinger SP1000 Batt. 1200cca, RF 1500.1 amp, and 18 Stroker and i still get dimming pretty bad. This set-up can be heard 3 blocks away and shakes a house like your asking for. Only way you will stop dimming is dual altenators or more batteries. For the price you pay on the cap. ($110) i paid you can get a second battery. What i have seen is once you break the 1000 watt mark dimming/electrical is a problem and needs to be upgraded. You dont need to 2 caps. for sure all it will do is drain your altenator even more.

I had the same problem with my amp cutting the bass out. I have an MTX 2300x bridge to three MTX 6000 10's, and when the gain was up it would cut off my bass.
I took the amp back to Sound Advice and they mailed it off under warrenty. I don't remember the problem exactly, but they had to do something inside the amp board as something had come loose. My friend had a Rockford amp with the same problem and when it was sent off they did the same thing, something about soldering a piece on the board.

A cap will help also, but not if something internally is wrong. Did you check the amp or have it checked yet??

Back