Power seats 07 explorer no movement only clicking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power seats 07 explorer no movement only clicking

Ballen001

Reaction score
City, State
Livermore ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer
Hi All,
I have an 07 explorer that I just love to death. It's given me a ton of problems but I still love it , but this latest problem has me questioning my sanity. I moved the seat forward to clean under it and it never worked again. I ordered a memory module from eBay that came in yesterday and still nothing but clicking from the module. I cut the wires to the motor, hooked up my small battery pack and the motors moved fine, enough for me to at least be able to sit in the drivers seat but I'm just so bummed the seat is inop.
There is no movement forwards or back, up or down, back rest nothing. Checked every fuse in the vehicle all good and I'm at my wits end. I just finished paying off this thing and he wife is beating the drum for a new car! Someone please help!!!!!!

I know big Rondo is going to save a fellow Marines bacon with a fix but I'm getting kind of desperate here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump no ideas? Does anyone know if the seat is grounded?

Have you done any trouble shooting on the switches?

I have had my drivers seat get stuck in place all the way back and when my wife goes to move it using her memory settings it doesn't do anything until she starts bouncing down our dirt road and then it moves just fine. Maybe the wires in the connector have gotten stretched when it went all the way forward and the pins are no longer making contact like they should?

Yea I tested all the switches with the multimeter and all looks fine... Still no luck with figuring out what's going on....Im beginning to hate this truck...

Back