Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Power Window Bushing Replacement with Pics

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by 85Dave, October 25, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. OneofMany

OneofMany Active Member

City, State:
    Georgia Mountains- Talullah Falls
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 expl 4x4
    See my post above... I used 3/8 vinyl bushings from the hardware store. much cheaper. a little noisier than stock as the rubber bushings transfer less sound. Not much difference tho.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. damasodeljr

damasodeljr Member

City, State:
    Albuquerque NM
    94 XLT 4dr
    thanks, but i was able to find the Help kits for about $7, figure that was worth it

4. Doctr07

Doctr07 New Member

City, State:
    Riverton
    1992 Explorer XLT
    What happened to the Pics on this post?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rhett

Rhett Let Them Eat Cake Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    94 Sport 4x4
    PhotoBucket, or wherever they are hosted, changed their policies a few months ago, and they want $$$$ to host them to 3rd parties (like us). So the OP could become Elite and have them hosted here, or could use some other image hosting service.

The text descriptions in the OP may be enough to go on. I'm planning to use the text soon, anyway.

6. PurpleHaze1990

PurpleHaze1990 New Member

City, State:
    Washington State
    '92 Explorer, Eddie Bauer
    Thank you so much for posting this and re-uploading the pictures. It has been very helpful! The windows on my '92 Explorer starting failing one after the other. This tutorial allowed me to replace the bushings for the front driver and passenger side.

The biggest pain for me was to get the bolts for the motor back in when reassembling. I didn't have a tool with a magnet so those suckers kept falling in the gap between the two holes.

I used the HELP packages from AutoZone. I did have to shave down the bushings to get them to fit but it worked and my windows are working again.