Power window problem W/4WD lights flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power window problem W/4WD lights flashing

krazie61

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
Hello , I have a 1995 Explorer and have been experiancing a problem with my power windows not working. It comes and goes but the last couple days they will not work. Funny thing is ,is when they quit working the 4WD & 4WD Low lights on instrument panel flash periodically. Like I said sometimes they quit working and then they start again. Is there a relay associated with the windows and 4WD ?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Kraig

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure about the 4wd lights flashing but there are a lot of posts on the power windows not working here and I agree with them. I had the same problem. Pull the boot between the drivers door and the jam. Look at the wires, I had 3 sets of wires broken inside the boot. I soldiered them and then put heat shrink on them. My power windows came back. Hope this helps, seems like a common problem.

Forums have said disconnecting the battery will reset your system, and take care of the 4wd flashing.

i have the same problem and now it cost me a transmission when i was mudding any help would be great where should i start besides replacing my tranny

Replaced the power accy. delay relay today. So far so good. No flashing lights and windows work. Great info in the forums. Helped me with my fix. Thanks..................

krazie61 said:
Replaced the power accy. delay relay today. So far so good. No flashing lights and windows work. Great info in the forums. Helped me with my fix. Thanks..................

What does accy stand for? My explorer does the same thing with the windows and dlashing only the wipers quit, dome light doesn't come on, rear defrost quits

krazie61 said:

What does accy stand for? My explorer does the same thing with the windows and flashing 4x4 lights, only the wipers quit, dome light doesn't come on, and rear defrost quits all at the same time. Sry for double post I'm on a Droid

What does accy stand for? My explorer does the same thing with the windows and flashing 4x4 lights, only the wipers quit, dome light doesn't come on, and rear defrost quits all at the same time. Sry for double post I'm on a Droid

Accy stands for accessory

I drive a 98 XLT. The dome lights, windows and the flashing 4X4 lights. I replaced fuse #26 10 amp and all the systems work now!!!! Why? I have no idea!! There are a lot of systems that seem to be interconnected.

I know this is an old thread. But I have this exact problem, where the 4wd light flashes and when it flashes, the windows won't work. It happens intermittently. Generally, when I first start the truck up in the morning, they will work... but within about 20 mins they stop working and the 4wd light starts flashing on and off.
I checked the accessory delay relay, which looks like a big fuse,it appears to be intact.
Does anyone have any ideas? I thought the relay was a little black box, not a giant fuse.
Thanks!!

Back