• Register Today It's free!

Power Window problem

pgroover

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Anyone have any ideas I can try to resolve an issue I have with my '03 power windows?

Whenever it's very cold out (<30's), the front passenger window goes down _VERY_ slowly, if at all (or so it seems). Once the weather warms up, things are just fine. Obviously, I wouldn't be rolling down the windows when temps are that low, but I do tend to check to make sure things are functioning every now and then, and this is very noticeable.

Ideas, anyone?

thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Remove the door panel and check to make sure the window is on track. The bushings on the regulator ($40 to $100) could be wore. When you roll the window down, pay attention and see if the window shifts a little. Kinda looks like one side tries move down faster than the other. Could be a motor (around $50). Might have to drill rivets out.

Just saw your message, I'll give that a shot and see what I come up with. Thanks!

have you had any luck fixing the window? My 03 is having the exact same problem. For mine the colder it gets the slower my window will go down. It actually goes up normal speed the problem is only down.

You could also try to put a little bit of white lithium grease on the window track, and spray the weatherstrip around the window with a little bit of silicone spray.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony

No, haven't given it a shot just yet, but I think I'lĺ give the grease and silicone a shot first since my windows do the same thing yours do (slow down, fast up), plus it's easier. :)

Back