• Register Today It's free!

Power window rant

westfield

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
First of all, Thanks to this forum and reading all of the information about replacing the power windows, I did the job in no time. I had to replace the power windows on each front door..Took me less than an hour on each side..No muss to fuss...Here's the rant..Before I decided to do the job myself I took my 94 ex to a couple of shops and all wanted like 300 per door..Forget the stealership ! They wanted an arm and two legs...

My total cost was $90...

Just want to thank this forum for providing all of this wonderful info that allowed me to change out the power windows with no difficulty whatsoever !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that happened to me awhile back too. same with a fuel pump, if you ever have to replace one. definately do it yourself. itll take a little bit of time, but its worth the outrageous amount of money you save. moral of the story, if you need something fixed, research it, and if you think you can do it yourself then make an attempt because when it comes down to it, you can save enough money in repairs in a decent amount of time that you could actually buy another vehicle. the money put into labor adds up fast.

...Glad to hear from some more happy do it yourselfer's...:biggthump

..:shifty_ey..Don't tell anyone but that is how we save money for our mod's...:scratch:...Well, that's how it starts out..Then we are taking on second and third job's for our mod's..Next thing you know, you are a full fledged "Explorerholic"..:eek:

...Whatever you do, do not look up "Explorerholic"..;)

One appreciated tangible form of thanks is to become elite members so others will enjoy down the road, plus the benefits that come along with it. If you feel you have saved $100, why not give $20 back? Please?

^This!

:)

I agree with everyone. I have learned alot about my X that I have fixed everything on it that needed fixing and now I have a reliable 4 wheller. The only mod that I have done to my X is with the battery cables. I have a side post battery in it and have some of those cheap battery terminals that have the metal strap crossing it with 2 bolts on the end. I put copper ring terminals and have attached them to the battery terminals using the bolts (threw the straps away). I have had them like that for 2 years and have not had any problems with corrosion or loose connections.
I have never psosted a picture on a forum so I would have to learn to do that if anybody wants a picture of it.

...Whatever you do, do not look up "Explorerholic"..;)

Yeah that's no joke.... I found out I am one...:eek:

One appreciated tangible form of thanks is to become elite members so others will enjoy down the road, plus the benefits that come along with it. If you feel you have saved $100, why not give $20 back? Please?

This site has saved me lots of $$$ so I donated my $20 back in December... then again there was that 2 for 1 deal too :D

Back