Power window switches... problem... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power window switches... problem...

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Ok today it was really nice out here, and me and my friends were all going out to lunch. I turned on my truck, and me and my friend in the front seat both tried to put down the passenger side window (I usually just put both down at the same time, wasn't used to someone else doing it too) and the window stopped. So I laughed, and said "Go ahead" so he tries to put it the rest of the way down, but now the switch doesn't work. Now only the driver's side passenger window switch works, not the one on the passenger side. This happened once before, but then the next day the switch was working again. Any thoughts???

Loose connection?

The window lock switch in the driver's door has dirty contacts. The power to the other windows has to go through that switch. The lock switch, because of where it is located, collects all the dirt and gunk that falls in between all of the switches in the driver's door. If you remove the door panel, remove the complete switch assembly, and take it apart........you will see what I am talking about.

Robb

Well I'll be damned... when you mentioned the window lock switch, I thought I'd go check it out, and it turns out I must've flipped the switch somehow! Now everything works...... DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys..... appreciate the help...

:confused: :confused:

Back