Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Power windows quit working

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by 08harleyf350, July 6, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. 08harleyf350

08harleyf350 New Member

City, State:
    Indiana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2007 Ford Explorer EB
    Here is my 1996 Explorer XLT I purchased for $1000 over 3 years ago with 90,000 miles, 6disc changer and a sunroof. I recently had issues with my windows not wanting to go down except when the door was open or cracked. Then the windows stopped working all together. I wasn't sure if it was the door switch panel itself or something else. After a quick Google search of this issue I as able to find more information on the same issue.
    [​IMG]

I removed the door panel by prying the piece around the handle, as well as the mirror adjustment switch. There are 2 Phillips screws by the door handle as well that need to come out. Then I was able to pry the door panel off of the door.
    I didn't need to do this I later found out since my issue was actually in the harness boot between the door and body of truck.

[​IMG]
    I understand did the bolt that goes directly through the wire harness in between the door and body. It will use 10mm socket.
    Once I disconnected the pin connector harness I as able to find the problem wire that operates the windows.
    I was able to reconnect the power wire (blue/blk) back together and reinstalled the harness. It was a chore reinstalling the door back on the hinges by myself but it just took a few minutes longer.

[​IMG]

The Windows work great now and that wire had solved my issue.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Machine090767

Machine090767 Active Member

City, State:
    Minnesota
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 Explorer XLT
    There's no need to make another thread when your original one is only 20 minutes old.

We Support Our Troops!