1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Pre cat rattle - fix ideas?

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by 2Fish, July 17, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. 2Fish

2Fish Member

City, State:
    Coldwater, MI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 XLS, 4x4, 4.0
    My 2003 xls, 4.0 (K code) has a significant rattle in the drivers side precat. I replaced the upstream o2 sensor on the passenger side 2 weeks ago (don't know if that contributes due to heat). It has 160,000 miles. I don't really want to replace the entire y pipe for this, is there a less expensive fix? Thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Explorer Junky

Explorer Junky Active Member

City, State:
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    1997 XLT 4 dr 5.0
    Yes there is a less expensive fix...go to a local mom and pop exhaust shop and have them cut in a new one for you. Magnaflows usually go for around $100 or more. but, like my mom and pop shop, he is getting me one for Friday $100 installed! If you go to the major muffler/brake outlets, you will PAY! . there are other places to get car parts than major overpriced outlets. look online for outlets

4. tenny

tenny B

City, State:
    LI NY
    2001 mounty
    replace the cat, is the only way to "quick fix"......

:salute: