Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

Final Price:

- 3250.00 rebates
------------------------
54058.10 Net
.01 Dealer Admin Fee
500.00 SC IMF Tax
56.00 Tax Tag Title
59.00 Electronic Filing Fee.

54,673.11 Sorta Out the Door.

I had a 2014 Sport that was pretty rough with 140k miles. They offered 9k, got them up to 11k on the trade. I owed 10.5 on it. So made 600.00 on it.
Bringing total back down to
54,073.11 and getting rid of a high mileage '14 Sport that had 3 accidents, 1 repaired, other one none noticable, third popped fog light and fender tabs were broken. Also back up camera had stopped working, leather seats had cracks in them. A few years back the cam timing gears had ate themselves, that was about a 4-5k repair job (had the esp, so saved my bacon on that) But there was starting to be some vibration issues on the engine while accelerating.

So call it 54k. Oh and he matched the 3155 for the premier care 8/150k policy. Didn't think he would but he did. First he said he had to add 25.00, then said screw it....I'll do it at 3155 and ask for forgiveness from his bosses if they squaked

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this your gap insurance? It basically covers you if the car is a total loss and insurance covers less than what you owe on it basically, correct?

GAPCoverage is designed to protect your investment. If your Ford is stolen and not recovered or if it’s declared a total loss, your insurance company may not pay enough to satisfy what you still owe.

GAPCoverage bridges the gap between your finance balance and your vehicle’s insurance settlement plus up to $1,000 towards your deductible. It can prevent you from owing money on a vehicle you no longer own and help get you back on the road (subject to conditions).

If you want additional peace of mind, GAPAdvantage provides a $1,000 credit toward the cost of a replacement vehicle from your originating dealer (where available).
I have something similar through my auto insurance. Full replacement cost of the initial price paid in case of a write-off.

Looks like Ford added another $250 aged inventory rebate, in addition to the existing $750 aged inventory rebate. As mentioned above, Ford also recently added a $1000 trade-in rebate. Please see screenshots below. Source of screenshots is: Best 2020 Ford Explorer Incentives, Rebates & Deals Near You | Edmunds

Total rebates now are:

$500 - Customer Cash Rebate
$500 - Bonus Cash Rebate
$750 - Aged Inventory Rebate #1
$250 - Aged Inventory Rebate #2
$1000 - Trade-in Rebate
$750 - Private Offer Rebate

Grand Total: $3750.

The rebates above are stackable, and everyone qualifies for them.

Will be interesting to see what Ford has in store for October. I thought it was unusual that Ford added the additional $250 aged inventory rebate and the $1000 trade-in rebate near the end of this month (September). I thought they only added new rebates at the beginning of each month. Strange...

I predict that by December or January, we'll see prices below $50k with all applicable rebates.

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 4.43.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 4.43.49 AM.png

$895 for gap? Wtf.. highway robbery. Most banks are under $200. Your dealer just padded their wallet by $700.

I would not have even got gap for your vehicle. You are $9k below msrp.. you wont ever be in the red.

I got in touch with my insurance agent and we hashed out all the scenarios. Ended up using a new car policy extenst called the keeper program, at $2 a month that guarantees a new car as a replacement.

Thank you for making me do more research and find another option.

Dealership has been notified to cancel the GAP and gave a full refund.

I got in touch with my insurance agent and we hashed out all the scenarios. Ended up using a new car policy extenst called the keeper program, at $2 a month that guarantees a new car as a replacement.

Thank you for making me do more research and find another option.

Dealership has been notified to cancel the GAP and gave a full refund.

Much better deal!! I believe mine was $195 through the bank (I financed personal, didnt go through the dealership to avoid markups) and I still declined it. Being $7k off sticker, I'll never be behind in principal vs payoff so there was no need. On my F350, my first payment was 92% principle, again, same scenario.

However, $2 more a month is a no brainer.

Once Vin was plugged in, The Keeper coverage with Country Financial was $00.89 per month.

And got an amended contract from dealership to reflect no GAP.

MSRP 59,520
Paid 52,159
Trim ST pano, tech, street
Indiana

20190926_082110.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-082254_Chrome.jpg
20191005_094813.jpg

Anyone notice szott ford listing some pretty crazy prices starting yesterday? They had always been on the cheaper end, and ive seen discounts approaching 7k, but for example on one of these its listed at $9,713 on cargurus. However, when you go to the Szott site it doesnt reflect that. Id think maybe listing error, but then i saw another dealer in VA getting close to the same, in the last 48 hours. Could be some rebating stacking, but ive not reached out to them for further details yet.

carguruexplorer.jpg

cargurusprice.jpg

My ST from a major Houston dealer after negotiating by email with a few area different dealers:

MSRP: $59,620 ($54,740 base + $3,685 for moonroof, tech and street pack + $1,195 destination)
After dealer discount and current Ford incentives applicable to all Customers: $54,881
Plus Doc Fee: $149
Less $1000 Trade in Rebate and $500 Ford Credit Rebate: $53,530.
Plus Texas title, inspection, sales tax, etc. - this will vary state to state.

Took advantage of the 36mo. 0.9% Ford financing. One thing to watch out for - the 0.9% financing only comes with a $500 rebate - if you want the $1,000 Ford credit rebate, you have to use Ford's 84 month financing that is >7% - a ripoff IMO.

Dealer matched Texas Direct Auto offer for trade-in - it was a 10+ year old sedan, so not a particularly desirable trade.

Felt like a decent deal overall.

Have had some minor cosmetic issues, currently waiting for dealer to respond - I posted those in another thread. Other than that love it so far.

2020 Platinum, Options, bench seat, floor liners (don't know why Ford keeps including these), 20" bright wheels, Premium Tech Package.
MSRP $61,055, discount $4,372....Net before taxes and a $199 doc fee, $56,683.

The vehicle came from another dealer so my guy discounted all the after market stuff to his cost.

Not a super deal but fair based on what I'm seeing.

Oh, BTW it's a beautiful car, I got everything I wanted. Now if I can just get it out of the shop. The AC quit while it was being driven from the other dealership. It turned out to be a hose under the car feeding the rear AC. Glad I'm not superstitious:dunno:

it was the hose. Got the car after waiting a day for the part to arrive. Had the car almost two weeks and can't find anything wrong other than I think the engine is really noisy. I've had a half dozen Explorers and this one by far is the worst.

2020 Platinum, Options, bench seat, floor liners (don't know why Ford keeps including these), 20" bright wheels, Premium Tech Package.
MSRP $61,055, discount $4,372....Net before taxes and a $499 doc fee, $56,683.

The vehicle came from another dealer so my guy discounted all the after market stuff to his cost.

Not a super deal but fair based on what I'm seeing.

Oh, BTW it's a beautiful car, I got everything I wanted. Now if I can just get it out of the shop. The AC quit while it was being driven from the other dealership. It turned out to be a hose under the car feeding the rear AC. Glad I'm not superstitious:dunno:

Congrats on the Ex. Ford does not include floor liners, the dealer orders it with them as an added option. Only thing included is the carpeted mats and the trunk storage liner.

I'm going to test drive an ST tomorrow. Looking for White with twin panel sunroof, street pack and teck pack. Is $50K without tax, title and license reasonable price to negotiate to or is it too low? If not now do you think it'll go at that price range around Christmas?

I'm going to test drive an ST tomorrow. Looking for White with twin panel sunroof, street pack and teck pack. Is $50K without tax, title and license reasonable price to negotiate to or is it too low? If not now do you think it'll go at that price range around Christmas?

Way too low. There is only $4,000 between MSRP and dealer cost before rebates. You are about $60k MSRP which means $56k before rebates if the dealer is willing to give it away.

I'd be happy with $3k off MSRP plus all rebates. You'll have to research what is available in your area.. some vehicles that have been on the lot for 60+ days have extra rebates.. just have to research it.

Way too low. There is only $4,000 between MSRP and dealer cost before rebates. You are about $60k MSRP which means $56k before rebates if the dealer is willing to give it away.

I'd be happy with $3k off MSRP plus all rebates. You'll have to research what is available in your area.. some vehicles that have been on the lot for 60+ days have extra rebates.. just have to research it.
I've heard about few folks getting same package around $52K. I believe one such case is in this thread itself.
i also have xplan pin and costco member as well.

This is from post #27

MSRP 59,520
Paid 52,159
Indiana

I've heard about few folks getting same package around $52K. I believe one such case is in this thread itself.

This is from post #27

MSRP 59,520
Paid 52,159
Indiana

With a trade.. numbers can always be padded with trades regardless of what they give you. Nobody has posted anything that low from a straight sale only.

This is from post #27

MSRP 59,520
Paid 52,159
Indiana

Take a look at this.. This dealer is known for pure volume and deep deep discounts. Here is exactly what you are looking for. You have to add the destination fee back in ($1,195 delivery fee and the $300 doc fee plus tax/title). Total would be $52,156

2020 Ford Explorer ST For Sale | Baltimore MD

Take a look at this.. This dealer is known for pure volume and deep deep discounts. Here is exactly what you are looking for.

2020 Ford Explorer ST For Sale | Baltimore MD

This is perfect! But unfortunately i'm in the other corner of US in Seattle :). Will see what the dealer tomorrow gives me. I'm going thru Costco so will be receiving close to invoice pricing. Thanks

This is perfect! But unfortunately i'm in the other corner of US in Seattle :). Will see what the dealer tomorrow gives me. I'm going thru Costco so will be receiving close to invoice pricing. Thanks

If you are getting close to invoice, you are several thousand more than Koons. Koons gives you full holdback which is close to $2,000 below invoice. I also edited my thread while you were posting.. so you might not have seen my edit above.

I think I was very fortunate with my pricing. I got the vehicle for 1% over invoice. However I did sell them my 18 month old explorer sport with 20,000 km (12,000 miles) on it for top end of black book, which was $43,000 Canadian (they bought out my lease, which was at $45,600) .

The vehicle is full load with street pack and sunroof.

Msrp was $66449 (cdn), invoice was $61,500 (cdn), I agreed to $62115 (cdn). 4 year lease at 2.49%.

So much happier with the performance of the ST.

In looking at the prices in this thread, I am not sure why my pricing is not 35% higher than the folks in the U.S., given the exchange rate. Hence the comment about feeling very fortunate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I was very fortunate with my pricing. I got the vehicle for 1% over invoice. However I did sell them my 18 month old explorer sport with 20,000 km (12,000 miles) on it for top end of black book, which was $43,000 Canadian (they bought out my lease, which was at $45,600) .

The vehicle is full load with street pack and sunroof.

Msrp was $66449 (cdn), invoice was $61,500 (cdn), I agreed to $62115 (cdn). 4 year lease at 2.49%.

So much happier with the performance of the ST.

In looking at the prices in this thread, I am not sure why my pricing is not 35% higher than the folks in the U.S., given the exchange rate. Hence the comment about feeling very fortunate.

you are the 1st Canadian posting on here getting a pretty decent deal.

Back