Private offers/rebates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Private offers/rebates

Let us know how things are going. Make sure that the ST qualifies for that private rebate, hopefully all Explorer models do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let us know how things are going. I would love to save some cash.

Any tips on what @Exit32 was doing to get that to show up?

Was browsing Ford.com.

I was able to get one to popup without even realizing what it was and refreshed the screen on accident and lost it. After a few minutes, got another one to pop up and that's the one I used. Since then, can't get it to pop up again. I've tried Chrome, Firebox, my mac, my phone. I've spent several hours today trying for you guys and have not been successful. I'm off tomorrow so will keep trying to get them to pop up.

Was browsing Ford.com.

I was able to get one to popup without even realizing what it was and refreshed the screen on accident and lost it. After a few minutes, got another one to pop up and that's the one I used. Since then, can't get it to pop up again. I've tried Chrome, Firebox, my mac, my phone. I've spent several hours today trying for you guys and have not been successful. I'm off tomorrow so will keep trying to get them to pop up.

I have been doing some research on this and a lot of people are speculating that Ford uses a combination of cookies and IP address to determine when to pop. It might also be based on any zip code you might enter, although I doubt they cross reference the pop up determination if it is based on zip code to when you actually claim, so you could enter one zip code to search inventory and then enter a different one for your claim and you would be ok.

I have spent a bit of time trying on Ford.com with zip code 43054 with no luck. I think I will set up a VM in Azure so I can give it a new IP address and then try a few zip codes. PM me if anyone wants a VM to try for a day, I could accommodate a limited number of requests with my monthly Azure allowance.

Again, purely speculation, but if I were the developer on the other end, IP address would be something I would consider using to determine if I pop a private offer.

I have also read that requesting a brochure or updates on ford can sometimes result in a private offer.

@blwnsmoke If we find one of these popups, should we still PM you (i.e.are you able to clone them)? Or should we just fill it out for ourselves?

I've been poking around on ford.com from an Azure VM a little bit this morning and still no popups.

Yesterday, while poking around ford.com, I received a pop-up and received the Private Cash Offer. I shared this info with blwnsmoke, and he was able to do the same. This morning, I did my usual poking around ford.com and received another pop-up. I didn't respond because Private Cash is limited to one per household.

The reason I'm mentioning this here is because whatever logic Ford uses to generate the pop-ups, it's not sophisticated enough to know that I've already responded and received a Private Cash Offer. But the pop-ups are still happening!

Yesterday, while poking around ford.com, I received a pop-up and received the Private Cash Offer. I shared this info with blwnsmoke, and he was able to do the same. This morning, I did my usual poking around ford.com and received another pop-up. I didn't respond because Private Cash is limited to one per household.

The reason I'm mentioning this here is because whatever logic Ford uses to generate the pop-ups, it's not sophisticated enough to know that I've already responded and received a Private Cash Offer. But the pop-ups are still happening!

I called Ford Marketing at 800-334-4375 and they advised that I had a Ford Owner Direct Offer issued on July 2, good through Sept 30 for $1,250 under program #37226 which covers the 2020 models. They gave me the certificate number and advised me to notify my dealer since I had ordered a 2020 Explorer.

Thanks for the info! I hope we can crack the code. Are you entering your zip code (and if so, are you willing to share in case they are targeting certain zip codes)? Is there any particular section of Ford's site you are viewing, any particular vehicles?

It's definitely not sophisticated. If anyone on here gets a pop up and has already used it, keep the screen open as we can fill out other people info to get them one. That's exactly what I do.. I collect info and if I get one, I fill theirs out and keep moving on.

I'll be spending most of the morning playing around since I'm home today. Hopefully can get some for a few members.

Also, if anyone does get one, please post it here. For any of us working to try to get members rebates, we do not want to issue 2 to the same person and waste one.

I called Ford Marketing at 800-334-4375 and they advised that I had a Ford Owner Direct Offer issued on July 2, good through Sept 30 for $1,250 under program #37226 which covers the 2020 models. They gave me the certificate number and advised me to notify my dealer since I had ordered a 2020 Explorer.

I just called Ford Marketing and they appeared to know who I was by caller ID and they definitely knew the term Private Cash Offer, but they checked for me and I don't have one. Back to ford.com

Also, if anyone does get one, please post it here. For any of us working to try to get members rebates, we do not want to issue 2 to the same person and waste one.

It may help if you already have a Ford Owner Account. I always login to search Ford.com, so they already have my contact information and can see my interest in a 2020. I was not aware that I had been issued the $1,250 Ford Owner Direct Offer on July 2 until I called marketing today. They asked for my contact information and advised that I had several, the one for a 2020 and also one for 2018-2019.

Thanks for the info! I hope we can crack the code. Are you entering your zip code (and if so, are you willing to share in case they are targeting certain zip codes)? Is there any particular section of Ford's site you are viewing, any particular vehicles?

Typically, I'm looking for 2020 Explorers that are in local dealers' inventory when the pop-up appears. I'm usually logged into ford.com so they know who I am, where I live, and how many Ford vehicles I've purchased (quite a few).

FWIW, I'm runing Windows 10, the Microsoft Edge browser with pop-ups blocked, and AdBlocker Ultimate running. Somehow, the Private Cash Back pop-ups get through!

I have a Private Cash Offer pop-up on my screen right now. If you want me to fill out the form and submit it for you, please PM your name, address, phone, and e-mail to me ASAP. I'll probably get only one pop-up this morning, so first come; first served.

I talked to my dealer at length about the private cash offers yesterday. They weren't sure what formula Ford uses to target people for private cash offers, but they said it wasn't unusual for people who request an internet price/schedule a test drive via the Ford site to get them. Of course, they also said Ford sometimes hands them out two months after they already bought the car and it's embarrassing if the dealer ends up calling them to follow up on the lead (apparently Ford gives the dealer a cold call list to the dealer when they award some of these private cash offers). "Hey, congratulations on your private cash offer, want to buy a new car? What's that, oh, that's right, you just bought one from us two months ago. Sorry about that."

I have a Private Cash Offer pop-up on my screen right now. If you want me to fill out the form and submit it for you, please PM your name, address, phone, and e-mail to me ASAP. I'll probably get only one pop-up this morning, so first come; first served.

Post the username.. doesnt hurt anything that way I know who to skip. I'll be trying all day again today.

it was for me. Thanks Dan! I am going to keep trying myself to try and get more popups.

It's like Ford is giving me the middle finger because I got one lol.

@Exit32 are you still trolling your dealer site when it happens? What exactly are you doing so I can mimmick it.

I am using 3 different browsers on my cell and 2 on my MAC.

For anyone who gets these, it takes 48 hours for the dealer to see it and claim it. So dont rush and call your dealer once you get it, they wont see it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@blwnsmoke, i cant just bring this to my dealer and use it on an existing order? That was my plan as my ST is already in production. Should i contact my salesman with it?

Back