Project 2000 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HEY GUYS, I'M NEW TO THIS PLACE SO I'LL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE THIS A GOOD THREAD, GOT MY 2000 EXPLORER FOR FREE FROM MY SISTER WHICH WAS COOL, SO I DROPPED A REBUILT 4.0 AND FIGURED I'D MAKE THIS MY PROJECT RIDE, ONLY COOL UPGRADE I'VE DONE SO FAR IS THE AUDIO SYSTEM WITH A KENWOOD KDC-MP142 HEAD UNIT AND AND SINGLE 12" SUB BOX IN THE REAR WHICH HANDLES 1,000 WATTS RE AUDIO AND RE AUDIO 6X8'S ON THE DOORS FRONT AND BACK (4 DOOR) 1 800 WATT AMP FOR THE SUB AND 1 800 WATT AMP FOR THE HIGH'S, JUST ADDED YESTERDAY SOME SYLVANIA 9007 ULTRA WHITES JUST FOR NOW, NEXT MONTH I'LL BE RUNNING HID'S FOR THE FRONT AND HID'S FOR THE FOGS, NEW PAINT IN 2 MONTHS AND POSSIBLY UPGRADING THE AUDIO TO A 6,000 WATT SYSTEM:D AND A 3" DROP FRONT AND REAR, SO MUCH MORE TO ADD TO THIS THREAD ON WHAT I'M GUNNA DO, BUT ALL IN GOOD TIME, ALL COMMENTS WELCOMED, THANKS FOR CHECKING THIS OUT.:)

MY BEFORE PIC...
IMG_0001.jpg

MY AUDIO SETUP...
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

22" RIMS TO DECIDE FROM,,,HMMMMMMMM:rolleyes:

Photo0053.jpg

a005.jpg

a014.jpg

a045.jpg

a068.jpg

YOU CAN ALSO SEE MY 2 VIDEOS ON CAR DOMAIN...

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=727704

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=727706

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ride man. BTW, USING ALL CAPS is considered yelling in forums and is typically bad form.

sweet X, rip off the roof racks imo, that will give it a better street look.
and also i think black rims look sick on a black truck, but again, just my opinion.
anyway, welcome, have fun with your new explorer!

nice x u got

nice x u got

Thanks bro:) hopefully by next week i'll be getting a fresh new paint job and some 22's plus looking for a k&n air flow setup and a new optima yellow top battery for the new hid's and new sound system.

Should be a cool project! Looks like a nice baseline to start from!

sweet X, rip off the roof racks imo, that will give it a better street look.
and also i think black rims look sick on a black truck, but again, just my opinion.
anyway, welcome, have fun with your new explorer!

Thanks bro, did'nt think of that about removing the roof rack=great idea, give it that more custom street look and thinking about running with some black rims, just need to window shop:D, thanks for the advice:)

Just remember to silicone the screws when you put them back in after removing the rack... Should look good... Much slicker!

You know you could have ask me for the addy to here ;)

Knew you might find this board one of these days :D

Now Cough up 20.00 so you can be elite and support you new home on the web.

Great someone who is related to Dave is on the forum.. Just great.. there goes the neighborhood.

Great someone who is related to Dave is on the forum.. Just great.. there goes the neighborhood.

I was just thinking the same thing. :D

You know you could have ask me for the addy to here ;)

Knew you might find this board one of these days :D

Now Cough up 20.00 so you can be elite and support you new home on the web.

hey bro-n-law, yea, i found this place, loving it, $20? can i barrow it,lol,,,,so now that you know my plans for the 2000, i was at one point think of lifting it, but you know me, mr. lolo, lol,,just found that dam fuel filter, need to change it,urghhhhhhhh, oh well, so when are you gunna be back in town bro?

Just remember to silicone the screws when you put them back in after removing the rack... Should look good... Much slicker!

cool, yea i was looking at it today trying to picture with and without it, looks better without:D did'nt think about siliconing the screws, thanks for the tip:)

hey bro-n-law, yea, i found this place, loving it, $20? can i barrow it,lol,,,,so now that you know my plans for the 2000, i was at one point think of lifting it, but you know me, mr. lolo, lol,,just found that dam fuel filter, need to change it,urghhhhhhhh, oh well, so when are you gunna be back in town bro?

welp i am in Carson unloading right now who knows where i am going from here.

and do not buy the tools for the fuel filter i already have them :D if you want em there in the bottom of the console in my Explorer.

welp i am in Carson unloading right now who knows where i am going from here.

and do not buy the tools for the fuel filter i already have them :D if you want em there in the bottom of the console in my Explorer.

Ahhhhh, so i do need tools huh, dangit, guess i'll have to wait until your sis gets back with the truck, hey if you get a chance call me, hopefully you have the new # :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think your brother in law wants to pay for your rims as a belated x-mas gift.

Back