PTU Fluid | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PTU Fluid

There is a drain plug. The factory repair manual outlines this and the procedure to change--but you can't get to the fill port!

The youtube video is a much better option. By removing the drain plug and filling from the vent tube...
Hey Kp, any chance you can take a pic or explain where to find that vent tube on a Sport?

Hey Kp, any chance you can take a pic or explain where to find that vent tube on a Sport?

I'll try. The vent is on the driver's side of the ptu. If you crawl underneath while the car is in the air (lift or ramps) and look to the front, then feel around on the top "flat part" of the ptu, and trace out a few hoses running through there, one will be the ptu vent.

It's not easy, but not impossible either. I'll try to get some pictures soon.

I'll try. The vent is on the driver's side of the ptu. If you crawl underneath while the car is in the air (lift or ramps) and look to the front, then feel around on the top "flat part" of the ptu, and trace out a few hoses running through there, one will be the ptu vent.

It's not easy, but not impossible either. I'll try to get some pictures soon.
That's helpful. Cool, I'll take a look again today when I get home. I was looking from the top down and for whatever reason my dumb self didn't think to look from bottom up on that side... I would like to add a little fluid just to see if the car drives better to get it to the dealership tomorrow...

Back