Push Bar for Explorer | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello there,
I just acquired a 2016 explorer limited, I will like to add a front bumper that is not too bulky like the PIUs and saw that NYPD uses some smaller ones that I think will look cool and add extra protection,

does anyone recognized the shape and possible manufacturer as to where to get them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello there,
I just acquired a 2016 explorer limited, I will like to add a front bumper that is not too bulky like the PIUs and saw that NYPD uses some smaller ones that I think will look cool and add extra protection,

does anyone recognized the shape and possible manufacturer as to where to get them?
Welcome to the Forum Isaiah.:wave:
Be aware that such an add-on, depending upon the style, may affect some of the front sensors including the collision warning and Active Cruise Control.

Peter

I went with the Westin bull bar in powder coated black and Unity SAE approved clear fogs (I live on the coast).

View attachment 97749

View attachment 97750

I really like the Westin bull bar that you installed! What model Westin bar is it, and does it interfere with your parking sensors or adaptive cruise control? I have a 2016 Platinum, and am concerned about affecting the parking sensors and cruise control.

Hello,

I just got a new explorer today. Will a push bar work with this vehicle or will it go haywire with the front end sensors?

Thank you

Hello,

I just got a new explorer today. Will a push bar work with this vehicle or will it go haywire with the front end sensors?

Thank you
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was moved here. I would gues that the 'bar' would likely cause some issues with the sensors mentioned in post #263 above. See this post in this thread; Push Bar for Explorer

Peter

Here's my 2014 with the Westin safari bar and Bosch lights.
20171216_104602.jpg

Hello everyone,
We are looking at front brush guards for our 18 Explorer. (We are in deer/elk country). Does anyone know if the front brush/grill guard will interfere with the front sensors?
Thank you!

They shouldn't, if they're properly designed, which any reputable brand should be.

Hello everyone,
We are looking at front brush guards for our 18 Explorer. (We are in deer/elk country). Does anyone know if the front brush/grill guard will interfere with the front sensors?
Thank you!
Your thread was moved to this one.
As Jon mentioned, it all depends on the design of the 'guard' that you are looking at. If you have 'Adaptive cruise control with forward collision warning with brake support' then check out my post here; Push Bar for Explorer Also, if you have the 'Forward Sensing System', then that is another item to take into account.

88's
Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
There are several pictures in this thread. If any member added a 'bar' I'm sure they would have posted it I think, perhaps, maybe, probably...
New pics are always welcome.:)

Peter
Hello, I have a few pictures to share with you.

Are there any bull bars that fit without interrupting the collision sensor/adaptive cruise control?

Thanks
Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

I am new to the forum and I am really seekin some assistance with a couple things but primarily I want to know if I can and what model push bar I can simply bolt on to my 2017 Explorer base model, without cutting or modifying the vehicle. I don’t want a bull bar, I really love the Setina PB400 but I’m unsure if it will mount right up to my ‘17

I am new to the forum and I am really seekin some assistance with a couple things but primarily I want to know if I can and what model push bar I can simply bolt on to my 2017 Explorer base model, without cutting or modifying the vehicle. I don’t want a bull bar, I really love the Setina PB400 but I’m unsure if it will mount right up to my ‘17

The Setina PB400 is probably the most widely used push bar on the market.

All I would suggest is you contact Setina directly and ask about installing that model on a retail Explorer. I say this because in my discussions with people at Chicago Assembly they told me that the PIU front clip assembly is different from the retail Explorer.

On previous model years you could put a PIU grill in a retail front clip, but in 17 you cant.

Not saying it won't fit just confirm with the manufacturer first.

The Setina PB400 is probably the most widely used push bar on the market.

All I would suggest is you contact Setina directly and ask about installing that model on a retail Explorer. I say this because in my discussions with people at Chicago Assembly they told me that the PIU front clip assembly is different from the retail Explorer.

On previous model years you could put a PIU grill in a retail front clip, but in 17 you cant.

Not saying it won't fit just confirm with the manufacturer first.

I plan to reach out to them again, last week I tried to contact via email and the email address they had on their site did not work. Probably just going to call their customer service. Thanks for the help

Just FYI, there are 11 posts in this thread that I found using PB400 as the search word within the thread. One of them also mentioned the PB-450-L. I agree that it is likely best to confirm the fit with the company.
Good luck.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are the install instructions for westin elite push bar to give you an idea of what is involved. https://www.westinautomotive.com/images/ePIM/original/75-36200.pdf

A lot of the front end parts between retail and PIU are same/similar - I don't see why a push bar wouldn't fit the retail model straight up or with a little extra work.

Back