Push Bar for Explorer | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a 2018 platinum and live in deer/antelope country. Looking for a real brush guard that will work will of the fancy electronics this vic has. Looking for a Ranch Hand legend style but they only make one for the PIU model. Are there any choices out there??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2013 Limited. I recently installed a Westin bull bar and Westin flood lights. I can't figure out a path to get the Westin wiring harness switch wires into the cabin. Any suggestions how to get from the engine bay through the firewall and under the dash?

wVbS2Hf.jpg

JqKfopT.jpg

Thank you

Finally got my install complete. Forget trying to find a location to pass the switch wires, just blow through the firewall near the steering column and seal with a bushing. I could never get my hands up behind the glove box like in the instructions above. I'd probably tear the rubber hoses if I did.

I hadn't wired anything in a car in over 15 years so I needed to do some homework. For anyone who wants to know, my setup is pretty simple.

Westin Contour Safari Bull Bar
(2) Westin 09-12010B High Power LED Lights
Westin 20 AMP LED wiring harness 09-12000-8 (comes with 2 light connectors)
Custom actuator from Rockerswitchpros.com

I'm happy with it!

Ifdb604.jpg

8gLPoKY.jpg

W3HYosB.jpg

Looks good but my only concern would be that the lights are totally exposed to a potential contact.by other vehicles or objects. Does the bar interfere with any of the electronic features you may have (collision warning, adaptive cruise)?

Peter

Looks good but my only concern would be that the lights are totally exposed to a potential contact.by other vehicles or objects. Does the bar interfere with any of the electronic features you may have (collision warning, adaptive cruise)?

Peter
Thanks. I believe it would interfere, but I don't have those options.

Looks good but my only concern would be that the lights are totally exposed to a potential contact.by other vehicles or objects.

Peter

I gave it some thought and I agree with you. I decided to try a light bar instead.

xtryvzy.jpg

wj631RN.jpg

XK7k8qj.jpg

This is nice because the light clamps are made to fit the contour of the lower bar.

Westin 09-12230-40S Low Profile Double Row LED Light Bar
Westin 32-20015 Black 2.5" HD Bar Clamp Bracket

Last edited:

Nice, but look to be in the danger zone. I'd bolt the light over the bar so it cancoffer some protection from object on the ground. Unless it hides the license plate!

Are there any that would not interfere with 2017 Platinum sensors?
example:

thanks
147975-925ddc8030fcd8ef309296ae88203a0f.jpg

Are there any that would not interfere with 2017 Platinum sensors?
example:

thanks
147975-925ddc8030fcd8ef309296ae88203a0f.jpg
Your thread was merged with this existing one. Check out the posts/pictures here. Given the number of sensors on the Platinum, I would think it would be challenging.
Also, not able to see picture if there is one.

Peter

Here is the biggest baddest real interceptor, pursuit, pit maneuvering ready, zombie killin bar I have ever seen. It bolts totally to the frame only. Only one hole needs to be drilled so the pit bar will allow any impact energy to be transferred through the body and hit solidly to the frame.

How in the heck do I turn off front parking sensors?

20190211_113447.jpg

20190211_113454.jpg

20190211_113526.jpg

20190211_113545.jpg

.........How in the heck do I turn off front parking sensors?
By reading the Owner's Manual.;)
Page 196. Parking Aids
You can switch the system off through the
information display menu or from the
pop-up message that appears once you
shift the transmission into reverse (R). See
General Information (page 99). If your
vehicle has a parking aid button, you can
switch the system off by pressing the
button.

Peter

Thanks for the slap in the face Peter. Never knew what that button was for. Could not find anything at all in the menus. Maybe I need to upload some options in my menu? Is that possible? I have an option that ask to upload software....

Thanks for the slap in the face Peter. Never knew what that button was for. Could not find anything at all in the menus. Maybe I need to upload some options in my menu? Is that possible? I have an option that ask to upload software....
The option to upload software only applies to Sync 3 software as far as I know.

Peter

The option to upload software only applies to Sync 3 software as far as I know.

Peter
Thanks again my hero.

Honestly I haven't a clue what sync3 is or if my sport is capable of the upgrade.

But I could tell you how to properly deploy 7.62mm rounds to disable zombies inside 100 meters at night using a thermal adapter on an i_phone!

Thanks again my hero.

Honestly I haven't a clue what sync3 is or if my sport is capable of the upgrade.

But I could tell you how to properly deploy 7.62mm rounds to disable zombies inside 100 meters at night using a thermal adapter on an i_phone!
That would come under a "How To" post and may get you an extension on your membership.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi I just got a new 2017 explorer. I am looking for a little help. Is it possible to put a GoRhino police push bar on a nonEcoBoost?

Back