Push Bar for Explorer | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Im wondering that with how popular 3D printing is if there is a way to make a 3D printed housing for the affected parking sensors that you could attach to the pushbar. Make an extension cable for the sensors and pop them out of the front bumper and then have them be a part of the pushbar instead. Is there a way to recalibrate the parking sensors? I thought I read about it somewhere, like you needed to recalibrate them if you had your bumper replaced due to an accident or something.
It seems that in the near future I might be turning in my lease (17' Fusion Sport) and inheriting my wife's 17' Explorer Sport so she can get a mini van instead.... I might try moving the sensors and see what happens.
I am sure you could recalibrate or have recalibrated, but would likely be insanely expensive. Probably best to leave them as is and just drive using common sense instead of sensors haha...i swear how did people even drive back in the day?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am sure you could recalibrate or have recalibrated, but would likely be insanely expensive. Probably best to leave them as is and just drive using common sense instead of sensors haha...i swear how did people even drive back in the day?!
I would bet there is just a mode that can be kicked off by something like FORScan to calibrate them. I cant imagine it would be too difficult. Without an option to turn off the sensors all the time then it would be just too annoying to turn them off via the button every time the car is started. I could probably deal without them as I have the front camera anyways.

On my 2013 XLT I often have a bike rack attached to the trailer hitch receiver on the back. With the rack on, the sensors sound off unless I hit the button when prompted. It is annoying and would love to have the dealer turn them off. I just don't know if the sensors can be turned off.

Lets try this photo thing again. I used photobucket but I guess picked the wrong link...I always struggle with this for some dumb reason.
I saw your picture in the first post. Not sure why Biohazrus didn't get it. FYI, I deleted it in this reply.

Peter

Finally found a hard core push/brush/winch capable Hella horn, pitbar. I have never seen a battle ready pit bar on any sports before. They look baddass on the mopars though. The complete duty package is 3 different kits. The heavy duty push bar and pit bar are from setina. The headlight protection unit/brush guard are from black wolf racing.
20190417_153812.jpg
20190417_153812.jpg
It took me about 6 hours to install by myself. Everything fit perfectly. Also ported grill so airbox can have the big gulp.

No picture shows. For Google users, right click and select "Open image in new tab".

Peter

Hope this works. Here is my boy Strato. If you are on facebook you can follow a group called Ford Explorer Fan Club. They're pretty cool. You can also follow my page called Strato Storm Chaser: Reports

storm_ready_by_nightrazeshadow_ddl2ayw-fullview.jpg

Pic of the push bar looks better and more proportionate than the setina.

Looking good, may have to add this to my xsport in the future wants list.

I certainly like Go Rhino better then Setina. I have one on my 2012 dodge avenger for 6 yrs

Don't forget that these bars may and have blocked front sensors and in particular the Active Cruise Control radar unit.

Peter

I'm not sure why there isn't an Image Attachment feature enabled on this forum but here is the finished product of today's install.

Imgur
hey I purchased the setina pb400 from fleet safety for my 2013 ford explorer limited, and the bumper won't fit because the brackets sits too wide, any advice?

After driving the lifted 250 for 8 years I forgot how nice it was to drive a vehicle that didn't friggen punish you.

exploder.jpg

exploder2.jpg

exploder3.jpg

So far I only have:

Tint on front two
Setina push bar
Weather Tech mats
Shark fin antenna
hey I purchased the setina pb400 from fleet safety for my 2013 ford explorer limited, and the bumper won't fit because the brackets sits too wide, any advice?

I put his on my 2016

Welcome to the Forum Steve.:wave:
Thanks for posting the video. Do you find that the 'guard' interferes with the Forward Collision and or the Adaptive Cruise Control radar?

Peter

Any ideas for mounting a winch? I don't figure the push bars would hold a hard strait line pull.
I have a winch mount for a hitch receiver but I want to be able to pull from the front. I thought about putting a receiver up front (CURT makes them) but I want a bar for the front. Ugh..
The options for these more than capable explorers is so friggin limited!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Steve.:wave:
Thanks for posting the video. Do you find that the 'guard' interferes with the Forward Collision and or the Adaptive Cruise Control radar?

Peter
Yes it does I need to relocate them

Last edited by a moderator:

Back