Push Bar for Explorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One of you with the push bar, could you please measure the distance between the two vertical bars... Curious to know how much space there is for mounting lights .

32.5 - 33"

will accept a 180w LED light bar, which is what I had planned until I found in the pile of stuff here two round flame throwers. Those I mounted on the lower mount bracket

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

picture.php

Behind the plastic cover for the front end, is a structural steel rectangular section tube as the main bumper. The Setina push bar uses a D shaped clamp for the top and bottom mounts on each side. This allows it to be a push bar (it is designed for police issue). With the extra side wrap, it allows Pitt maneuvers without vehicle damage. The push bar is not heavy, being made of marine grade structural aluminium. Distance between uprights is 33" and will accept a 180w 32" LED light bar. I have added round flame throwers to the lower bracket, which places the lens behind the bar, protecting it from damage. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7323&albumid=587&dl=1395917863&thumb=1

This is exceptionally helpful.
I will order my push bar today when I can confirm the model... Is yours a Setina PB400? Thinking a Rigid 30 inch light bar will go quite nicely on that. Not thrilled with the non-xenons in my Sport.

I wanted to get a push bar or bull bar since I got my 2013 sport a year ago, but was vey disappointed to find out that because of the adaptive cruise control that I won't be able to get one. I really like the look, especially with the lights.

This is exceptionally helpful.
I will order my push bar today when I can confirm the model... Is yours a Setina PB400? Thinking a Rigid 30 inch light bar will go quite nicely on that. Not thrilled with the non-xenons in my Sport.

yes PB400. I had spoken to factory directly before ordering from a dealer, and found out that powder coating, in my case Silver, was an optional extra cost ($20,) Note, there are available in either steel or aluminium (I got aluminium due to weight considerations, and it is pretty tough - check my photo albums)

definitely the 30" light bar will fit. I believe there are identical models, not under the "Rigid" label available on eBay for less than $200. (specs are identical)

I see two options for mounting, either attached to the flat surface of the cross plate, or mounted low, on the brackets (where I mounted my spots)

The Setina, by the way, can be ordered with strobes or without, the strobe controller being built in, making wiring simple.. The no-police option strobes can be amber or white. Basic PB400 (no lights) runs a bit under $300, with strobes about another $200.

I did have my DRL activated. The lower round LED is wired to the DRL bulb wiring directly.

Glad to be of help. Come visit the islands one day.:chug:

Upper mount on a Sport.

Lower mount.

I wanted to get a push bar or bull bar since I got my 2013 sport a year ago, but was vey disappointed to find out that because of the adaptive cruise control that I won't be able to get one. I really like the look, especially with the lights.

why is that? I had found this in another thread here, quote "I found it when I pulled the bumper. It is located on the driver side below and just next to the headlight housing. There is a sort of smooth patch next to the opening of the grill that is about 4 inches by 4 inches. In short since the mounting point of all the brush guards and grills are directly below it, you will never be able to add a brush guard or push bumper. Its probably why the police interceptors don't have the collision avoidance" http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390471

If that is the case, looking at the Setina mount and position, I would really look closely, because the location suggested does not appear to be behind any part of the Setina push bar location. (I don't know exactly because I do not have that type of Cruise control). In my opinion, if I wanted the push bar, I would find a way to make it happen, even if I had to relocate the sensor and mount it on a cross bar of the PB400 - keep in mind that is only the way I think. Nothing is impossible with a lot of research and planning.

The radar sensing unit for the adaptive cruise control and collision warning system, for those that have it, is located in that area where I have placed the white dot.

Peter

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10,445

Finally got around to installing everything that was backorderd and finally came in.

Setina PB-400 and Rigid E-series 10" combo light. Also made brackets to move the factory-installed warning LEDs to the front of the bumper

1zwmgkx.jpg

Sweet!

Here's mine

5aeaa176-a598-4e4c-b0ac-9db717e0673b.jpg

I will me installing my pushbar Wednesday morning.
I was able to get my interceptor steel wheels installed over the weekend... Coming along nicely!

wow that's a great look!

I love the look of the bull bar.

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys mod them to look like police interceptors? Is it just out of hobby or there is a reason? Just wondering. I would love to get this look also. Thanks !

That one looks a lot like a factory spec interceptor... Note the Goodyear tires on the steel wheels, the A-pillar spot lights, the lack of fog lights. That's probably not modded to look like an interceptor, it probably is one.

That one looks a lot like a factory spec interceptor... Note the Goodyear tires on the steel wheels, the A-pillar spot lights, the lack of fog lights. That's probably not modded to look like an interceptor, it probably is one.

Good eye, and don't forget the unpainted door handles.

It very much is a factory interceptor, I bought it as my own vehicle for work, with credentials and letter from my captain, in lieu of spending more on a Jeep or FJ cruiser. My dogs are part of my job, and having a vehicle I can "trash" inside and vacuum and wipe clean is a huge plus. Plus its actually fun to drive, gets better mileage and doesnt tempt me to do anything stupid going where I shouldn't try to drive.

Good eye, and don't forget the unpainted door handles.

It very much is a factory interceptor, I bought it as my own vehicle for work, with credentials and letter from my captain, in lieu of spending more on a Jeep or FJ cruiser. My dogs are part of my job, and having a vehicle I can "trash" inside and vacuum and wipe clean is a huge plus. Plus its actually fun to drive, gets better mileage and doesnt tempt me to do anything stupid going where I shouldn't try to drive.

I totally hear you. While mine isn't as basic as yours, I love my explorer for all the same reasons. Coming from German cars that cost 2-3x what this does, it's a blast to not constantly be worrying about it.

Mounted up my Setina pushbar this morning, loving the look. Next order of business is getting some lights wired up, thinking of getting a programmable whelen/or the like light switch so I can have the true interceptor feel.

Here are my pictures of my installation last year.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Sentina PB

Was wondering if anyone had them and if so did you go steel or aluminum?

Also does anyone know the distance between the 2 uprights? Wondering what length/size of LED light bar could be mounted there.

Thank you

Welcome to the Forum Drako99.:wavey:
As indicated in my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one.
I hope that you find the info that you're looking for.
It would also help if you added the model to your profile so that it shows in the margin. If you have a Limited or Active Cruise Control, there may be an issue with the installation hiding the radar unit. I believe that might be discussed in this thread as well.

Peter

Was on a call today with someone from another dept that just got new Explorers and it had an Aries full brush guard on the front of it. Thought it looked pretty sharp. Anyone on here throw one of those on yet? Before tonight I've only seen the Setina push bars and bull bars on the current gen Ex's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back