Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Putting a Cam in A 99 Explorer V8

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by Ridinghighn69, September 16, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ridinghighn69

Ridinghighn69 New Member

City, State:
      Omaha,NE
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Explorer
      I am wanting to place a b303 cam in my explorer but i asked several people including the performance shop and they say they neverheard of it being done. I know it is basically the same engine as a mustang other that the electronic distrubiter. I just want to know if this has ever been done or is it even possible. Will the computer adjust for the new duration in the cam or will it start backfiring. I'm not sure please help! Has this ever been done?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      I'd do a search for cams on this site. Infact, there a pretty good thread about the e303 cam right here. I think the b303 is a bit more mild than the e303. I dont know if anyone here as done a b303 but I know a number of people have done the e303 and they like it. What made you decide to go with a b303?

4. Ridinghighn69

Ridinghighn69 New Member

City, State:
      Omaha,NE
      99 Explorer
      You said this has been done. Does these explorers have that electronic distrubutiers too.

5. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      Yes, I know for sure a member by the name of Expo5.0 has done this. He has a '96. He said you'll need a chip once you do the swap. But other than that.. I think it'll run fine with the computer.