Putting on a GT emblem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Putting on a GT emblem

Originally posted by BoatsRcool
well i think the whole honda type r and big wings are gay. but i dont think that would look too bad a GT explorer. .. how bout that dude that put a MOAB edition thing on his explorer

so leave the dang guy alone.

the moab edition sticker belongs on a trail ready heavily modded 4X4 (what would you think if you saw a miata with "MOAB EDITION" on it?).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you guys calling me a ricer? if anyone wants to come out and say that i'm a ricer for my badges i think we should get together and race. i know that this thread is about putting gt badges on a v6 x and i agree that is wrong but some of you seem to be attacking adding anything thats not a factory option. personally i really like the svt lightnings style, but i don't like owning the same "custom" thing as everyone else, plus i already owned an x. I feel that if my truck doesn't look as cool and isn't as cool as the real lightning at least it pays homage to it. i've tried to keep it clean as possible (some of my mods- like the pinstripe and flames actually have to be there or else i would have to pay hundreds of dollars in order to have some lines taken out of my paint that were caused by a shoddy paint touch-up which occured after my girlfriend drove my truck to school adn one of my x girlfriends saw her and keyed it while she was in class, talk about jealousy. anyways i realize that the flames might be gratuitous) in conclusion creating something that doesn't exist is the whole idea behind customizing a vehicle, so theres nothing wrong with putting badges on a vehicle that aren't really meant to be there. i do agree, however, that you shouldn't make a vehicle look faster than it really is. so for the person who is putting those badges on, at least do some performance additions so you can back up those badges. then when the guys who are ripping on you laugh at you at the stoplight you can shut them up by roasting them when it turns green

My opinion.

There are all sorts of ways to mod any vechicle. none are wrong or right to everyone. Just personnel taste. You own it, do it the way you wish. Plus I had thought about doing that to. But I have decided to take the all emblems except Ford off mine. Don

Blackdiamond, you still have your Explorer emblems? I DESPERATELY need a set. If you don't need em, e-mail me.

Anyway, I don't believe there is anything wrong with putting 5.0 emblems on (even if you really don't have a 5.0 engine), but the Type-R and VTEC stickers are a bit much.

They are still on the truck

But I will be more than happy for u to have them when i take them off. Don

hate to break it to you but if you remove your rear explorer emblem you will find a nice big hole in the back of your x. i originally had been trying to go for a shaved look, but because of the holes under the emblems i was kind of roped into doing the modified x emblem with svt, and then the 5.0 and cobra emblems that keep the same theme throughout the truck. so unless you want to spend big money to have the holes in the sheetmetal filled you can't just removed your emblems

I found that out myself...so I put a "5.0" badge in place of the Ford oval on the rear. Looks much better, it's custom and yes, I have a 5.0!

Wow.

You guys are REALLY outspoken about the Ricer crowd, aren't ya? LOL. Oh, and calling me a HIM?? Bad idea, sugar. Last time I checked, these 36 D's were 100% real. :p

As for all the naysayers, especially the "There is no such thing as an Explorer GT" and "It would take a 5.0 to make one", may I remind you that there IS still a more powerful Mustang than the GT? It's called a COBRA. The GT's engine (stock) is not the most powerful choice, but cranks out more power than the stock Mustang engine, making it the middle choice. Last I checked, my X put out somewhere around 230 HP and did 0-60 in under 8 seconds, so it hardly qualifies as a slow moving barge. While it will never be a Ferrari, it's plenty faster than the OHV V6.

I have the same Mustang style stripes (painted, not cheap vinyl), Flowmaster, K&N, and a whole pioneer SYSTEM, to say the least, as well as enough Lund add ons to make my X stand out from the crowd. I hardly think putting on one measly GT emblem under the 'sport' on the back hatch is going to cause laughs around here---this is Chevy country where I live, after all(bleaugh!), and I would prefer to keep all the other badges where they are because I'm proud of my X and of Ford. Thanks for all the opinions, good and bad-I'll post a pic as soon as I get the emblem neatly sawed down and sanded to perfection...then you can decide for yourselves.

Lindsy

you think having a flowmaster and a kn filter would make your x have 230 hp? wasn't stock 205 for that engine? you'd be lucky if you had a real ten hp increase let alone a 25. anyways as you know from reading the post i'm on your side about the badges. so go for it. the only thing that i'm not on your side about is lund #$^%#$# can you honestly answer me what any of it does to improve your ride. in my opinion that stuff is worse than most ricer stuff. for example, i'd be far more likely to put a wing on my civic than a visor on my x. lund in my opinion makes for trashy looking vehicles that, yes, stand out from the crowd. it's just too bad its in a negative way.

She likes Lund products . It sets her X apart in a way she likes ... So in my opinion who cares what you think about it . In my opinion you made a total @$$ of yourself , by making those remarks ... Like I've said before ( I believe you said it to ) It's about creating sumthin' custom that doesn't already exsist . To each his/her own .

your right about that. i'm sorry everyone that was uncalled for. i was just a little frustrated and chemically inbalanced after the baseball game last night and i was venting my anger. Spas i'm sorry

Thats cool of you to apologize , most people wouldn't . PEACE......

lol, Expo-I'm not mad! To each his or her own, they say. I read the mods you've done to your X: they are pretty impressive, but I can't afford half of that stuff so I make do with what I can snatch up. Believe me, if I could afford a supercharger and bigger throttel body and such, I would have them in a heartbeat. But since I can't....And you're right about the Hp-I'm not too proud to admit that I was exaggerating, but to me the SOHC V6 is the middle child of Explorer choices, much like the GT as far as Mustangs are concerned. I wasn't lying about the 0-60 times though-those were measured on a local race track by friends in the Sheriff's Office. 60-0 stopping times were far less impressive, let me tell you......

thanks for accepting my appology, you'd be surprised at how cheap my truck really has been to this point. the rims and tires were expensive, but a lot of hte little details i've done myself are what has really made the truck look as good as it does now. things like chrome license plate illuminator lights, touch-up paint, and wiring things indiscretely

bad idea, i get enough hassle with a piaa motorsports sticker on my truck, im sure you would get even more with a gt on your truck that doesnt even relate. if u ask my advice id say no

>crawling out from under rock<

I didn't even know PIAA had motorsports....huh. Learn something new every day!

Re: Wow.

Originally posted by Spas
Last time I checked, these 36 D's were 100% real. :p

So how you doin
wink.gif

LOL....

so i wasnt the only one thinking that

Got any pics............oh lord what am I doing...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I must say something about the Ricers...

When I say "Ricer", I don't mean it as a derogatory term. I use the term to refer to modified import cars (and their drivers/owners). I also use it in reference to pretty much any street-scene vehicle. But it's all about what you like.

(and expo5.0 - yeah, I'm calling you a ricer ::big non-gay hug:: lol)

Back