1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dadirtyrolla95

dadirtyrolla95 New Member

City, State:
      Michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1995 Explorer Sport 2 dr.
      I just got a mig welder and picked up a auto darkening hood.... I am ready to make my truck into a tank lol. I was curious to know if anyone has dimenison for a front bumper in a pre-runner style and how they connected it and if anyone made luggage racks and how that looks? o i drive a 95 2 door

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

City, State:
      Itasca IL
      '96 XLT 4.0L OHV
      Do a Search for threads started by Forum member DBR_EDGE. He has a nice tube bumper on the front of his Ranger. As for luggage racks, I think a lot of memebrs here simply buy something. But, if you can fab something for cheap, be sure to post pics!!

4. glfredrick

glfredrick Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Louisville, Kentucky
      86-98 Ranger STX
      My son and I made his rack using 1" square steel tubing.

We made a base frame, then added uprights and cross bars. We used expanded metal for the cage (actually it is a two part cage - front for luggage and rear for the spare tire) and then capped the expanded metal off with some rolled edge metal I had laying around. The square would have worked as well, but this stuff was good - and lighter.

It took about a day to make. We attatched it via the factory roof rack rails (made tabs that inserted into the roof rack and locked down with a bolt).

Here is a pic. We also made the front and rear bumpers on this XJ plus on all of my stuff. Check out my photo gallery.

[​IMG]