1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Question About Body Lift?

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by limitedxxplorer, December 31, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. limitedxxplorer

limitedxxplorer New Member

City, State:
      michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Hey I Was Wondering How Hard Is It To Do A Body Lift On A 96 Explorer. Ive Done A 88 Ranger But Never An Explorer, And If You Guys Had Any Tips Or Anything To Help Me With This That Would Be Cool

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      do a search for section525 he has done this.. as i remeber he has some writeups too.. if you have done a bodylift before, then another on a differnt vehicle (that really isnt too differnt form the ranger) will be fine.... you are going to need to watch out for the bumper brackets though... they seem to be an evil stepchild afterthought

4. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Lake View Terrace, CA
      '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
      If you have done a ranger this is easier. Just need to do something with Rad. everything else is fine on Auto. Just throw them in. My only issue I found was the ground on the fire wall broke after a few months. Still have not fixed it. :rolleyes:

5. dreamr

dreamr Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Lynnwood WA
      99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
      I actually have been working on one since early this evening and really it's not that bad.

I have heard it is a PITA but everything has been very straightforward with no real problems. A couple highly irritating bolts and lots of mud in the face. It is a very time consuming task though. So far we have been at it 7 hours.

The biggest pain so far was remounting the radiator thanks to the holes not wanting to line up.

Anyway after 7 hours and neither me or my friend having ever done anything like this the lift is finished. Tomorrow I need to put the interior back together, mount the bumpers, re-route a couple cooling lines cause I don't like the bind on them, re-install my intake, double check everything, and go for a drive.

6. ExplorerSportNu

ExplorerSportNu Well-Known Member

City, State:
      St.Louis - MO
      95 Sport/ExpeditionPkg
      The actual body lift is a walk in the park, remounting the bumpers should you choose to do so is a PITA

7. metstalker

metstalker Active Member

City, State:
      Atl, Georgia
      94 Ford Explorer XLT
      very time consuming i installed mine chirstmas holiday weekend and got finished with it on monday afternoon but i did not work until it got warm outside so from 1:00 to 6:00
      not too many problems very satisfied