Question About Body Lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question About Body Lift?

limitedxxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey I Was Wondering How Hard Is It To Do A Body Lift On A 96 Explorer. Ive Done A 88 Ranger But Never An Explorer, And If You Guys Had Any Tips Or Anything To Help Me With This That Would Be Cool

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search for section525 he has done this.. as i remeber he has some writeups too.. if you have done a bodylift before, then another on a differnt vehicle (that really isnt too differnt form the ranger) will be fine.... you are going to need to watch out for the bumper brackets though... they seem to be an evil stepchild afterthought

If you have done a ranger this is easier. Just need to do something with Rad. everything else is fine on Auto. Just throw them in. My only issue I found was the ground on the fire wall broke after a few months. Still have not fixed it. :rolleyes:

I actually have been working on one since early this evening and really it's not that bad.

I have heard it is a PITA but everything has been very straightforward with no real problems. A couple highly irritating bolts and lots of mud in the face. It is a very time consuming task though. So far we have been at it 7 hours.

The biggest pain so far was remounting the radiator thanks to the holes not wanting to line up.

Anyway after 7 hours and neither me or my friend having ever done anything like this the lift is finished. Tomorrow I need to put the interior back together, mount the bumpers, re-route a couple cooling lines cause I don't like the bind on them, re-install my intake, double check everything, and go for a drive.

The actual body lift is a walk in the park, remounting the bumpers should you choose to do so is a PITA

very time consuming i installed mine chirstmas holiday weekend and got finished with it on monday afternoon but i did not work until it got warm outside so from 1:00 to 6:00
not too many problems very satisfied

Back