question about flush and fill kit (prestone) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question about flush and fill kit (prestone)

psychotic

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
RIP: '02 V8 Limited 4WD
I just got a flush and fill kit, can anyone tell me which hose it is I connect to T to or post a picture? I'm not sure which one it is, and i don't want to cut the wrong one!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know your engine, so I can't give direct help, but my recollection is that the instructions on the back of the Prestone kit gave all the details you needed. I could be missing something here, however.

Even if you cut the wrong one, the worst that could happen is you buy another "t" and have one in each heater line.

the directions show 2 hose... but the hoses dealing with cooling system seem confusing to me in the explorer...

I gave my old tech manual away with the buyer of my '97, so I can't look in there to help. If it were me I would grab a manual and trace the hoses from the firewall to the block/pump and figure it out. Good Luck.

You have two hoses coming out of the firewall from the heater core. Follow them back - one runs to the water pump, one runs to the top of the engine. You want to put the tee into the one that runs to the top of the engine.

Back