1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

question about fog swap

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by joemamaugly, December 8, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. joemamaugly

joemamaugly Active Member

City, State:
      buffalo,ny
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '95 xlt & 1970 sr-2
      I've read the other post about the fog swap but I don't know if the new lights are rated higher than my fogs. I don't like the idea of leaving the wires hang in the snow and salt we have here. Additionally I would like the new lights on the brush guard to come on with the switch already in the truck. My next problen is the existing harness is 2 wires and the new lights have only 1, so i'm not sure if this will work anyway.
      I don't have the orig. instructions for the lights.
      Any help would be much appriciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Greenville, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
      There are two ways you can hook up the lights. You can extend the hot wire from your present fogs and connect it to the wire on your new lights.
      Or you can check out the FAQs and make yourself a wiring harness w/relay and use the hot wire from your present fogs to take the place of the switch wire on the relay. All grounding for your new lights is done by mounting them to the truck so the ground wire shown in the diagram is not hooked to the lights but is connected to the body.
      Useing a relay you will get the best output from your lights. Much brighter than just extending the factory wire.