Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Question about Head Units and dash kits

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by gephotog, September 24, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. gephotog

gephotog New Member

City, State:
      Tolland, CT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLT
      I just purchased a 2000 XLT, and I'm ready to upgrade the head unit. I'm going with the Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 because I have an existing CD-changer that it will control. I also have a Kenwood 1/2 DIN Equalizer that I'd like to mount just below the new head. The dash appears to have sufficient room for both, but I haven't been able to find a dash kit that supports both.

Anyone ever seen one?

George

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. pband599

pband599 New Member

City, State:
      Apopka, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Blue Base
      Try to find a Metra brand one, it should have a one DIN opening and a 1/2 DIN opening, then just attach the EQ to the DIN cage and away you go.

Metra part #99-5802

While I was looking I found speaker adaptors for 5-1/4 or 6-1/2 in a 5x7/6x8 opening,

Metra part #82-5600 Adapts a 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" speaker to Ford 6" x 8" opening (pair).