question for sports

Digger196

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Winston-Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Cherokee
yesterday i was walking into sports authority and saw this sport X. on the back there what a loop that was bolted to the frame. is that factory or aftermarket. i think that is perfect tow point and it came out under the bumper. looks pretty heavy duty as well.

anyone have these or know where i can get them. going to look at a shop here in town and see what they have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it was on one of the 98+ option packages.

My '97 had it standard as part of the Premium Sport Package. It is now in my attic since it looked out of place with my body lift.

will if fit in my XLT?

if it will i'll buy it from you.

What i'm talking about is in this picture. it is on the left side under the bumper and to the right of reverse light.

4050rearbumper1.jpg

anyone know that name if that? and will it fit on a XLT if i got one?

stock rear towhook. it will fit, Gerald put one on his.

sweet thanks alec. now i need to get one! anyone have one that i could buy?

I have one that I had to remove when I installed my hitch. If Robert doesn't want to sell his, email me and I'll sell mine.

If ya want two or three lemmie know I can get rid of mine too !!!!!

Sorry, you'd be better off buying one from one of the people above. By the time I found mine in my attic I would have to charge much more than it's worth. It should fit any '95 and up Explorer. It consists of a loop with two brackets. The brackets bolt on using the bolts from the rear bumper bracket.

Hey! I'm probably interested at getting one but I'm too poor to buy anything. :(

Billy there cheap! getting mine for $10! shipped!

Will they fit both sides of the rear? Or only the left side?

only made for the left side. you could fab. one to fit for the right though.

Cool. Hey who over is selling theirs I want two of them!

getting mine from dogfriend. e-mail/PM MONMIX. he should have 2 of them.

when i get it i'll take a look at it and see if i can make it fir for the right side. if i can i'll be buying another.

I have one that someone can buy.....

BUT I did have to Notch one of the Brackets so that I could fit it with my Hidden Hitch.

Im Located in the North East(Boston MA) MAke me an Offer, and then Shipping will be Extra!

Back