Question on 3in gibson catback exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on 3in gibson catback exhaust

nice92explorer

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer xlt
i have a 92 explorer 4.0l with a drop in K&N and drilled some holes in the air box where hot air doesnt get in, and a dynomax muffler welded. BUt there is someone who is selling there 3in gibson catback exhaust off their 98 5.0l. I was wondering will it be a good idea to buy, and will it give me more power. Also if i go take it to get it welded will it fit without replacing the tubing. ( i want a big grrrrrr sound from my exhaust)

I'd also like get some suggestions from you guys on some other performance parts.

Im planning on getting a vortex valve/or tb spcaer, headman headers, spark plug wires, jet or hypertech chip, and maybe a highflow cat. Sound good to you guys.?

I really hate to burst your bubble but the only things on that list that will even help at all is the hypertech chip and spark plug wires, and that is only assuming that yours are bad. I suggest doing a search on the site for things that people have done that have yielded a noticeable gain in performance.

whos selling the gibson exhaust?? for a chip, check out Dead Link Removed , some pretty good performance gains

Back