Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Question

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Billabong02, September 22, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Billabong02

Billabong02 Active Member

City, State:
      Seaford, DE
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 XLT
      Friday i am getting my new cd player in. I asked the local audio place about the controls in the back working with my new system. The HU is a ford 6 disc in dash cd player. He just kinda looked at me and said i don't know. I should be able to hook that up to my new one. Can i do this? I also wanted to know if you could replace face plates on this cd player.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. pband599

pband599 New Member

City, State:
      Apopka, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Blue Base
      Most likely not, as the equipment for those controls isn't in anything but the factory Ford HUs, but there maybe a way to wire them to do something else, neons or something, but as I don't have them I don't know about the wiring for them.

Good Luck with it...