quick question i need a quick answer to. in the middle of installing lockers! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

quick question i need a quick answer to. in the middle of installing lockers!

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, im in the middle of documenting and installing aussie lockers in my rear diff solid axle 8.8, i was wondering if the clearance numbers used for the feeler gauges mentioned in the instruction manual are referring to mm or inches. wuick, i need a quick answer would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure on that man, Since you're elite post this in the 911 section for quick response this time of night, good luck.

i just closed up the garage for the night and will finish this job tomorrow. also, it seems as if my thrust washers might be a little too thick. any suggestions anyone?

thanks tbars. i read this thread too. i just got an email back from aussie and they told me to try and grind down my thrust washers. what would be the easiest way to go about doing this if i dont have a grinder? is there a sandpaper of a certain grit that i can get that would work? i dont mind spending the time hand sanding these thrust washers, i only need them thinner by about 0.012.

Back