• Register Today It's free!

quick ?

Stonyhill429

Reaction score
City, State
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 xlt
31X10.50 M/Ts, can the stock 3.55 rear end handle those tires without going "ouch" or would i need to look into a 3.73 or 4.10 rear end (hopefully going to the 4.10 regardless).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

easily, 31s arn't that much bigger then stock, i'm running 35s with 3.55 in my bronc

10-4, thanks man, i was wondering since ive been told that the rear end WILL go out if i put 33's on the X. i think im gonna run 31x10.50's w/ backspacers to give it more of a stable base and a more aggressive look.

backspacers? you mean the tires having backspacing or wheel spacers themselves? don't run wheel spacers, they are usually really poorly made and i've heard horror stories of them sheering off or bending the studs

oh.....well then. I havnt really heard any horror stories, but then im the lonely ford in a crowd of heavy chevys and dodges. So the spacers for the wheels=bad idea?

yeah and u dont really need the spacers anyways, u don't need a wider stance at this time, even with a bunch of life just go for wider tires!

yeah, im just thinking ahead for when i get something different, im gonna turn the X into the ultimate off road machine, plus i like the wide stance, its not common around home, matter of fact a mod. X isnt practical. Goin for standin out in it.

then why the 31s? you can fit 32s with ur lift....

32"s will fit no problem with the tt(only got about 1.5" out of it) and shackles (2") ?

im running 33x10.5x15 BFG A/T with the 3.73 gears...its a bit slugish but it runs fine i suppose...atleast for now cuz ive only had em on for like 1 month

yep every truck is different but most will fit 32s with a tt and shackles

Back