Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Radiator replacement

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by shamrock13, June 11, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. shamrock13

shamrock13 New Member

City, State:
    Huntington Beach California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1991 Stranger Ranger xlt
    Ok question. 91 Ranger xlt 3.0 I've had my stock radiator crack and self destruct. So after searching for a stock replacement and having a difficult time locating one I've since purchased an all aluminum replacement. This radiator is 2" thick compaired to the stock 1" and holds quite a bit more coolant and has pushed my fan shroud back an additional inch over my fan. my question is should my stock thermostat be causing my temp gauge to fluctuate up and down almost continuesly with this new radiator or do I need to change the thermostat to adjust to the difference in cooling with this larger capacity radiator ? Or is this normal. The gauge did not move and fluctuat as much with the stock radiator . Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. McCormack

McCormack Active Member

City, State:
    S.E. WI
    2000 Ranger
    If your stock thermostat is functioning properly your temperatures shouldn't be fluctuating no matter what type of radiator you have. Replace your thermostat and it should fix the problem.

4. shamrock13

shamrock13 New Member

City, State:
    Huntington Beach California
    1991 Stranger Ranger xlt
    New thermastat it is. Thanx

5. McCormack

McCormack Active Member

City, State:
    S.E. WI