1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

radio connector problem

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by davidmmm69, December 13, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. davidmmm69

davidmmm69 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      1995 2wd 4dr explorer Fall River Ma...
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Mercury Mountaineer
      I have a 95 xlt Ford Explorer and need to put a stock radio back into it to sell it. I bought a radio off of ebay and it does not have the connectors i need.
      The ones i need have one gray long one and one square back one.i believe this radio came out of a 2000 Ford Explorer..
      any one know where I can get the connectors for this radio to splice into my explorer,.
      thanks all

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. superedge88

superedge88 Active Member

City, State:
      Minnesota
      99 Mountaineer 5.0L
    4. IAmTodd

IAmTodd 4x Explorer Veteran

City, State:
      Johnstown, PA
      2001 Jeep Cherokee
      That radio wasn't designed to go in that vehicle. The radio you got has in internal amp. Your stock system in you truck has an external amp(was this by-passed with you system?) Therefore these two radios will have different connectors. I would recomend finding the correct radio, but getting the two connectors and splicing the wires would work. But that would take forever to do. And please don't think that since your selling it you only have to do a half-assed job at it. Nothing like giving the next owner a headache, even if you don't get to meet them.