Radio stays on after removing the keys and opening the door? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio stays on after removing the keys and opening the door?

Mildot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer PI
OK, so this is a "weird" one for me. It's veterans days on sunday and a local car wash was offering a free wash, on Sat for both the exterior and interior. I dropped by and received both, they did a great job BTW. However now it seems like the radio won't turn off, so after parking on Sat, I went to start it today and the battery was dead?

Any thoughts or ideas? before I head to the dealer

I did have 2 recalls done, and and the rear control arm bushing changed on Friday? however the radio issue started after I left the car wash and went to Costco.

Thanks troops

Funny, twice now I've had the radio (MyFord, not touch/sync) do the opposite... it doesn't boot when starting the car. The screen is backlit but nothing comes up on the display and none of the buttons do anything. Restarting the car doesn't do anything because the radio stays powered in the background for a while... So you have to turn the car off for like 20 minutes.

So troops a bit of an "update" after a couple of days at the dealer the problem was a failed relay, apparently something in the "upfitter" portion of the vehicle, the relay stayed open, drawing about 3 amps while the engine was off. So overall a $20 part and 2hrs of labour, you do the math :( .

Back