• Register Today It's free!

radius arm bracket

windriven

Reaction score
City, State
Victorville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 4x4 5 speed manual
Well I found where my clunk sound is coming from. My radius bushings are good but the bracket is shot. It seems that the bushings were changed by the previous owner. But they used the wrong size and type of bushing. The ones they used were too small and have a steel cover on the bushing. So the bracket took a bashing and beat the openings up. So now I need new bushings and brackets. Lucky for me the bracket is not rivited but bolted on. So where and how much are the brackets. Autozone has the bushings for $20 but not the brackets. I could go to Picked A Part and spend the day removing them but would rather not. Please help

hey just wondering about this clunk.
I get one occasionally when I accelerate, or turn a corner. Not neccessarilly when the tires articulate, but just when you wouldn`t expect it, like slowly starting out. The bushings look okay and tight, but never the less...

Sound familliar?

Chunks missing

I had chunks missing on the bracket on mine and I used the hard polyurathane bushings from Autozone and havent had any problems with mine for 70K. I split the bushing to the center and didn't remove the bracket. An easy cheesy method that seems to work.

Bushing I used was McQuay Norris FA7125.

I have a bracket I can give you for the price of shipping. I live in alaska, so it might cost you like 10 bucks or something. Let me know. Or you can do what the one guy said and just see if new bushings will work. BTW, the bushing on the passenger side should have a metal cover (heat sheild) over it to protect it from the exhaust pipe.

Andy

Back