Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Rail vs. Convoy

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by drumguru1, May 10, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. drumguru1

drumguru1 Active Member

City, State:
    Texas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Limited
    I think I read something on an earlier post about this but someone please clarify. Rail means rail and convoy means truck right? My sales guy seems to think that the vehicle will be coming in on rail but my window sticker says convoy or do I have that completly wrong?

Thanks in advance!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. sticker500

sticker500 Member

City, State:
    Prattville, AL
    Sold 2011 Limited
    It's all the same, I mean you are right but they all say Convoy it seems. I know they go by rail and then by truck unless your dealer is next to the tracks! HA :D

4. drumguru1

drumguru1 Active Member

City, State:
    Texas
    2011 Limited
    I figured its just that I pulled up a different window sticker that said rail and then i heard that Ford was using trucks now along with rail to speed the process up so I didn;t know if that changed anything

5. FordService

FordService Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    I’m sorry I missed this thread before and even though you already picked up your order, I wanted to clarify this. Yes, when it says “Rail” that means it is being transported by railroad and “Convoy” is truck. I hope you’re enjoying your Explorer!

Cory

6. drumguru1

drumguru1 Active Member

City, State:
    Texas
    2011 Limited
    I hope my wife is enjoying it too! Shes a bit overwhelmed with all the tech but in about 2 months she will be asking me how we ever drove without it. Hahaha.

7. FordService

FordService Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    You’re right, she’ll get used to it in no time! While she’s learning all the technology, let me know if there are any questions you’d like me to look into!

Cory

8. 182RG

182RG Active Member

City, State:
    Winchester, VA
    '11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
    Even though the window sticker says 'CONVOY', it still may come by rail. My Ex showed up in Norfork, VA yesterday and was offloaded at the rail depot, even though the sticker said otherwise.

My guess is they are going to get it to you based on what is efficient, where they have capacity and volume.