1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Rain causing electrical glitches?

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by baxterdown, June 26, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. baxterdown

baxterdown Active Member

City, State:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Limited
    The rainy season just started in South Florida and I'm starting to notice that when it rains my Explorer gets electrical glitches. The door handle won't unlock when I grab it, the door handle button won't close when I press it, the blind spot monitoring fails (different from the TSB. They already did that to my car and it's been fine since), cross traffic fails...

Has anyone else noticed any electrical glitches during rain?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dco43054

dco43054 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    cmh
    16 XLT
    Wasn't there another thread recently where a guy was talking about how his Limited was possessed and the doors were locking/unlocking when giving it a batch while he had the key fob in his pocket?

Sounds like the door handles respond to water like they do a hand touch.

4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    ^giving it a bath

5. jrmexplorer

jrmexplorer Well-Known Member

2011 Limited
    With respect to BLIS - the manual does warn that heavy rain will block the BLIS sensors and I've noticed that BLIS is not as accurate in rain either. My guess is that it is detecting rain drops, or if a rain drop happens to be running onto a sensor it probably messes it up a bit.

I haven't had your issues with the door handle. Could the battery in your IA key be low?

We Support Our Troops!