Random Tech Off Road Y-pipe

HypIllAuto

Sponsor
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac
Sport trac owners, if any of you would be interested in the Random Tech offroad Y-Pipe, please contact me or post here. I have been in contact with them recently, and though they have discontinued that part as a full run item, they will run them off for me in small quantities.
As a side note, if there are any Atlanta area 4.0SOHC Explorer/Sport owners who would interested in one as well, please contact me. I am going to pick one of these up next week. Before I install it on my trac, I would like to see if I could do a test fit on the standard X and Sport to see what the differences may be. I am working on a very good deal on these, and if they dont have one for the 4.0 X/Sports, I will be able to get those made.

Dyno runs and pics of Y-pipe

Well, I finally got the y-pipes and got one installed and on the trac. These runs were both made hot, no cool down time and no fans in place at the dyno. Main reason was this was an open dyno day, and there were several cars there doing baseline pulls, so time was limited.
No tuning updates were done, just made a pull, left, replaced the pipe, and then took it back, pulled it right on the dyno, made another pull.

Random Tech Y-pipe

Interesting Wayne. Good fortune smiles on you to be able to get those made.
If you recall, I have a 302 that I will probably have to make a cat pipe for. I hope that I can fit 2.5" pipes with three inch converters in the tight 4WD space.

I am just about to pull my 99 body/chassis apart. Maybe I can look for your help with a chip in a few weeks.
Do you know if a 4x4 Explorer has any difference in the PCM versus a 2WD? I am still planning on changing my 99 to AWD, and I wonder about the existing 4x4 computer in the dash, etc. How can I disable any error signals from being generated?
Regards,
DonW

Back