1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Random Tech Off Road Y-pipe

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by HypIllAuto, December 30, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. HypIllAuto

HypIllAuto Sponsor

City, State:
      Atlanta GA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac
      Sport trac owners, if any of you would be interested in the Random Tech offroad Y-Pipe, please contact me or post here. I have been in contact with them recently, and though they have discontinued that part as a full run item, they will run them off for me in small quantities.
      As a side note, if there are any Atlanta area 4.0SOHC Explorer/Sport owners who would interested in one as well, please contact me. I am going to pick one of these up next week. Before I install it on my trac, I would like to see if I could do a test fit on the standard X and Sport to see what the differences may be. I am working on a very good deal on these, and if they dont have one for the 4.0 X/Sports, I will be able to get those made.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. HypIllAuto

HypIllAuto Sponsor

City, State:
      Atlanta GA
      2004 Adrenalin Sport Trac
      Dyno runs and pics of Y-pipe

Well, I finally got the y-pipes and got one installed and on the trac. These runs were both made hot, no cool down time and no fans in place at the dyno. Main reason was this was an open dyno day, and there were several cars there doing baseline pulls, so time was limited.
      No tuning updates were done, just made a pull, left, replaced the pipe, and then took it back, pulled it right on the dyno, made another pull.

Random Tech Y-pipe

4. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Knoxville, TN
      98 Limited AWD
      Interesting Wayne. Good fortune smiles on you to be able to get those made.
      If you recall, I have a 302 that I will probably have to make a cat pipe for. I hope that I can fit 2.5" pipes with three inch converters in the tight 4WD space.

I am just about to pull my 99 body/chassis apart. Maybe I can look for your help with a chip in a few weeks.
      Do you know if a 4x4 Explorer has any difference in the PCM versus a 2WD? I am still planning on changing my 99 to AWD, and I wonder about the existing 4x4 computer in the dash, etc. How can I disable any error signals from being generated?
      Regards,
      DonW