• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Beams

fordkid88

Reaction score
City, State
Madison Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
I know most of us have been curious as to whether ranger DJM drop beams would work or not, Well I found this post. I didnt want to use the chassis tech stuff, Ive always heard bad things.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3005507/1993-ford-explorer/page-3/

This guy is doing the same thing I am, lowered ex with a 302 swap. Everything looks good to me, so im gonna pull the trigger in the next 2 weeks on the drop beams with 95-97 ranger knuckles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why was you wondering if they would work on a ranger, hundreds have used them...I just did my WHOLE front end.I also used 95-97 spindles but used 12" rotors instead of the stock 10"

20130615_095504_zps99182c21.jpg

Ive read a lot people saying they wouldnt work, but I had a 93 ranger and I have a 93 explorer, and I couldnt see why they wouldnt, I just needed to see before I spent the money. I really want to get the belltechs but cant justify a the extra 300 for them.

Ive read a lot people saying they wouldnt work, but I had a 93 ranger and I have a 93 explorer, and I couldnt see why they wouldnt, I just needed to see before I spent the money. I really want to get the belltechs but cant justify a the extra 300 for them.

Wait are you asking if 93 ranger djm beams fit an explorer?? Because from what iI've seen they won't.the ranger 2wd beams are different from an explorers beams.I even called djm about it and they said they wouldn't fit..

If that link you posted is an explorer with djm beams then maybe they used ranger crossmembers and mounts..the ranger crossbeams sit higher up, giving more clearance if your dropped..why they would fit..

Thats an explorer frame with DJM beams, Ill have to stop over at my friends with a 3rd gen ranger and take some measurements and take measurements of my ex.

Thats an explorer frame with DJM beams, Ill have to stop over at my friends with a 3rd gen ranger and take some measurements and take measurements of my ex.

Well I can tell you 99.9% that a 2wd ranger is different from a 2wd explorer..the engine crossmember and ra crossmember is different. They use different RA arms and pivot arms..but you can mount the ranger parts into the explorer, it will give you extra clearance also.but ranger parts are welded in.as far as I know djm doesn't make anything for the explorer.

But I have been wrong..more than once:crazy: sure someone else will chime in.

I think they are sold, but I was more along the lines of pictures of them being installed. I wish I had the money a year ago when they were offered to me.

I think they are sold, but I was more along the lines of pictures of them being installed. I wish I had the money a year ago when they were offered to me.

I would send him a message, wasn't but a month or so ago we was talking about them...;)

Fyi those are not djm beams if that's what you was saying as far as pics of ""them"being mounted

fordkid88 said:
I would send him a message, wasn't but a month or so ago we was talking about them...;)

I do still have them here and I replied to the PM.

The explorer they came from is still there so if we think there might be anything special about how it was mounted I can take pics.

I've only bought a few parts off of it (backing plates, 1 axle shaft) and most of the rest of it is still there (only some engine parts have been sold IIRC).

I have been told these aren't JDM BUT if they aren't they modeled them after the JDM ones..

~Mark

I do still have them here and I replied to the PM.

The explorer they came from is still there so if we think there might be anything special about how it was mounted I can take pics.

I've only bought a few parts off of it (backing plates, 1 axle shaft) and most of the rest of it is still there (only some engine parts have been sold IIRC).

I have been told these aren't JDM BUT if they aren't they modeled them after the JDM ones..

~Mark

Thought you might still have them;) to me they look like belltech, I know they do look different and djm told me they never made them for explorers and they wouldn't fit.only reason I didn't jump all over them.

You can see the slight differences when you compare them to djm.biggest is the knuckle
5753264260_8a966e5f91_z_zps3ad19ff1.jpg

20130614_185046_zpsac862e4b.jpg

jd4242 said:
<snip>to me they look like belltech,

Who the hell is belltech? :) As you can see, I know next to nothing about lowering vehicles.. I just lift 'em..

jd4242 said:
I know they do look different and djm told me they never made them for explorers and they wouldn't fit.only reason I didn't jump all over them.

Ahh, I see the difference now.. (at the knuckle). I was focused more on the arm design/shape.

~Mark

Who the hell is belltech? :) As you can see, I know next to nothing about lowering vehicles.. I just lift 'em..

Ahh, I see the difference now.. (at the knuckle). I was focused more on the arm design/shape.

~Mark
Hahaha I hear you..they are another company that makes lowering parts, I'm running their sway bars;)still very good company and arms:salute:

I saw that thread and the beams I have here don't look like the ones I saw in the links on that page.. (google image search isn't helping either)

If I didn't take these beams off an explorer (and still have it at the neighbors) I'd be saying they were Ranger beams from looking at all the different threads.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw that thread and the beams I have here don't look like the ones I saw in the links on that page.. (google image search isn't helping either)

If I didn't take these beams off an explorer (and still have it at the neighbors) I'd be saying they were Ranger beams from looking at all the different threads.

~Mark
Yea I would say the same.I know they use to all look like djm but aim has changed to a more square looking design as you can see.belltech doesn't list explores but pretty damn sure they use to make them and they looked just like djm..awww who knows, know they fit an explore tho;)

Back